Clubs New Ticket Policy- No UK cards?

It seems that the website is not accepting UK credit cards (even though I am a Rojo Socio). What is that about? I assume is is something to do with the West Ham game? Anybody else know the reason for this? Seems a bit unfair on non residents who will no longer be able to buy a ticket and tourists who want to go to a game at Ramon Sanchez Pizuin when in Seville. Luckily I have a Spanish bank account, so I was able to use that, but four English cards were declined. Seems pretty unjust and likley to be an issue in future?

2 Likes

Im not sure UK banks seem to be a bit weird at the moment, I bought a Seattle Mariners Baseball jersey from the US the other week and HSBC cancelled the transaction. :unamused:

I’m sure the problem is left over from the west ham game. The website is still even forbidding anyone with a uk ip address from buying tickets for the Granada or Madrid games.
Just tried it using my UK VPN.

1 Like

I’m going through a Norway IP address just now so might be ok

1 Like

Close but no cigar. Transaction stopped by my bank.

1 Like

My 2 cents on this

I’ve used virtual credit cards in the past for certain online payments, but US mostly with my bank there. There are some good platforms like Revolut of UK - try registering and paying through their cards, it might work for the Sevilla shop.

2 Likes

I managed to buy a Madrid ticket with my Spanish account, and spoke toa really nice lady in the ticket office about a Granada ticket who said that there had been “problems with international cards” and she set me up a link where I could use my UK card to buy one. But the club shop is still taking them…

2 Likes

My card worked no bother. RBS MasterCard debit. Turned out it they blocked the payment last week as they suspected it