Club Friendly: Sevilla FC vs. AS Roma [21-22]

Clutch tackle from Oscar on Zaniolo to deny him a clear chance on goal.

3 Likes

There is VAR for friendlies too? Nice…

3 Likes

Really? He was listed as being part of SAT pre season.

2 Likes

Good work from Oscar down the byline, manages to find Romero, but shot deflected over the bar.

1 Like

As is customary, Suso doesn’t complete the 90 minutes. Subbed off for Juanlu.

2 Likes

Johansson on for Oscar for the 4 added minutes of injury time.

1 Like

And that’s full time. 0-0

1 Like

Another friendly draw. The last one is vs. Aston Villa 7th of August.

2 Likes

I guess we can use this game to judge the fitness of the players. They’re coming along well. I feel they’re more or less ready for Matchday 1 vs Rayo. As long as we get our central defence sorted out.

Onto Birmingham for the last friendly of pre-season.

2 Likes

Strange that Navas and Rakitic played 90 minutes with Pozo and Jordan available.
No participation for Koundé or Lamela.

The best takeaway from the game? Dmitrovic looks very safe.

4 Likes

Yep. For once we can rest easy with our GKs.

Injuries are never a ‘good’ thing, but Oscar getting these minutes at Oliver’s expense is helping a lot.

3 Likes

Weird moment between two former managers.

4 Likes

Not sure of who told you that Tim, but he played for Sevilla Atlético yesterday so definitely not stuck in the Congo.

(Back row, silly hair!)

1 Like

It was the news that told me. Can’t be trusted.

He got through eventually but too late for the trip to Algorfa so he went with the SAT team.

1 Like

This is proof that Gudelj should not play the full 90, ever. Defo need cover or someone to anchor down the midfield, Fernando can’t do it all at 34 years old. News about Joao Palhinha died down after the euros, hope Monchi picks it up again.

3 Likes

Yes we definitely need cover in that area. Gudelj is a liability. I mean l like him and his passion but he’s just too reckless and slow at times. Fernando is coming towards the final stages of his career and needs support. It’s absolutely vital monchi recruits a new fernando type player who’s in his prime like mid to late 20s.

I felt we were going well but then with lots of game around February/March time we started to suffer in the midfield because we were relying on fernando and also Jordan a lot.

3 Likes

Was about to suggest Krycho for old time’s sake but he just moved from lokomotiv to krasnodar for a reportedly 2m fee, guess he wasn’t worth a look even in that price bracket.

5 Likes