Cities of similar size to Sevilla and their major football clubs

Revisiting this thread…

FC Ballkani of Kosovo manages to reach the UEFA Conference League group stages once again after knocking out BATE Borisov of Belarus in the playoffs.

Can’t wait for the draw tomorrow!

Frankfurt, Aston Villa, AZ, Dinamo Zagreb, Lille, Fenerbahce, Besiktas, Fiorentina, Club Brugge and Genk among the teams we could draw.

5 Likes

Highlights of the first match at home in the playoff vs. BATE (4:1)

1 Like

Congrats to Ballkani and congrats to Kosovo!

Over performing expectations for small cities everywhere!

2 Likes

Who’s your local team @ShendM? I’d love to do and jersey swap! Or scarf swap.

Technically it is FC Prishtina (capital city club) but they have been crap for too long that very few people follow their matches nowadays.

Kosovo is 1.8 mil people only - our national heroes are Ballkani. The club has been revamped since the new owner took over and he’s been doing an amazing job so far. He’s big in the construction business here and has invested cleverly in the club - now sowing what he reaped through UEFA’s money (raked in millions for reaching GS of Conference League 2 times in a row).

If they continue to manage it in the right way, I can see Ballkani turning into a giant in the region - easily challenging the likes of Partizan and Red Star in Serbia or maybe even Dinamo Zagreb tomorrow (although they’re far above atm).

People are more excitingly following this club than the national team nowadays, the football that Ballkani plays is nothing short of amazing. I’d happily switch jerseys as I have one.

2 Likes

He’s from slow Palacios Y Villafranca which is part of Sevilla province, about 30 min south of Sevilla capital by car. (I only know where this pueblo is because I lived in Dos Hermanas for a few months a few years back).

1 Like