Champions League 23/24 - Sevilla FC vs Arsenal

1 Like

Let’s keep the good work going and put on another well rounded game like against Madrid. At least that one makes me hopeful things click early on and we might have caught a good turn in business after all those years. Still too early so I will hold back my enthusiasm, but it’s growing nonetheless. It was also the first game in a while where we played two solid and complete halves.

Arsenal embarrassed us in that preseason last year and I’m still a bit afraid we still can’t handle their skills and pace. We will have to, because after another lackluster start in the CL we need to start winning and the home games is where you are almost obligated to win if you have any ambition.

Furthermore wanted to say the PSV stats are inflated and more than half their shots were pathetic attempts so don’t read too much into that game.

Time to show up, Vamooos mi Sevilla!

5 Likes

4 Likes

MarcĂŁo and Januzaj not registered. Gattoni and Salas not picked.

4 Likes

Last hours change, Fernando slight overworked muscle injury, Gattoni may sit on the bench instead.

3 Likes

So full squad bar Fernando now.

2 Likes

What’s the best guess lineup? Soumaré convinced DA? YEN risked his slot based on Saturday’s performance? Which side will Lukébakio play on?

1 Like

Identical lineup to Saturday’s game.

I also wonder about this too. Ocampos is not terrible on the left, but we get more out of both players if Dodi goes there instead.

4 Likes

We finally have a sane coach that doesn’t field Jordan and Rakitic together… or Jordan at all.

I think except for the goalie we’re otherwise golden!

4 Likes

Dmitrovic seems to be on the outs. Is he demoted to just Copa del Rey?

2 Likes

I think Nyland is just preferred right now. He’s better with his feet, so it might give him a slight edge.

1 Like

I’m liking the lineup again from the new coach. Let’s go!

Nice to see Jordan not in the starting 11 too.

4 Likes

I’m glad that we aren’t rotating for no reason. A bit worried about Navas’ legs though. He played with Spain too so lots of minutes lately.

5 Likes

The Sevilla Anthem drowned out the UCL Anthem at RSP :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Four veterans in the back four is a clear concern against this Arsenal team. They will need proper support from Soumare and Sow here.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that feels Juanlu is hard done by?

1 Like

Gudelj thinking he is Suso with the long shot.

1 Like

Need to target Jorginho on the ball, he is susceptible to quick hard press which can definitely be exploited for turnovers higher up the pitch and potential one on ones through the middle if YEN is switched on.
Hope Lukebakio supports him well too.

1 Like

Poor distribution with hopeful long balls across the field twice by Rakitic, givng them a chance to counter swiftly. Need to focus more tonight…

1 Like

We keep playing passes into dead ends.