(Not you, Lang)

1 Like

Fuck Ramos! Why give that foul?

2 Likes

Bullshit foul, never shoulda had a free kick

1 Like

Ball is already out. Can that be a yellow? I guess still dangerousā€¦

1 Like

But BadĆ© won the ball. This ref is normally goodā€¦ I thought he was poor tonight.

1 Like

Two fucking silly fouls from Ramos and a ridiculous hand ball call cost us

4 Likes

RC Lens the real winners here.

We face Arsenal two times, that will be fun.

5 Likes

Crazy match in the second half. Ramos will all the blunders he could make to give away 2 goalsā€¦

Lukebakio is a star in the making, amazing performance - set up both our goals!

Other than that, we shouldā€™ve won this one and have a calmer mind going forward in the group stages. Now things are beyond complicatedā€¦

7 Likes

Ref was crap. That goal from Pedrosa shouldā€™ve never been disallowed - he didnā€™t even look at VAR.

1 Like

Ramos is clearly only a shadow of his former self - without the unnecessary blunders it should still be enough for him to be a decent CB for us.

4 Likes

I couldnā€™t believe it. I was screaming at the TV.

3 Likes

Such an up-and-down match, were so near and yet ended so frustratedā€¦
The handball decision against Pedrosa was pathetic from the VAR guy as the his hand was across his body and the ball did not change direction after accidentally hitting him from no more than a meter away.
Thankfully it did not stop us from getting ahead here, but then another dodgy decision when the VAR idiot did not even ask the ref to watch the replay for himself - Ramos pulled his leg away and their player was already falling anyway before he made sure to stick his foot into Ramosā€™s leg. Albeit Sergio was a bit rash there too.

So annoying that we could not hold out for another two minutes in the end, unnecessary foul from Ramos and maybe for the first time this match our defending was too nervy and weak.

Must win the home tie against PSV and get at least a draw against Arsenal home and away (although if we are really up for it like we were against Man U last season we are capable of beating this Arse team at home),

5 Likes

The VAR guy was crap or a biased Roma fan ;), not so much the ref on the pitch.
If the VAR muppet told the ref he should have a look at a replay himself, he may have made a different decision.

2 Likes

Just stumbled upon this video:

It shows how incompetent and unprofessional the refs can beā€¦ both at VAR room, on pitch, then the replay operators etc.

1 Like

Statistically we got dominated, again. Might be naive given our current situation, but I think we should be able to dominate this game if you compare personnel on paper.

What kind of team are we now anyway? Itā€™s not counter- nor possession-based. Itā€™s not high-press nor absorb-around-the-box. It seems as if they try a little of everything and end up being good at nothing. The only thing we do consistent is locking ourselves up on the wings and pumping out subpar crosses. The team lacks identity and direction. We can blame a silly few seconds of the Referee or Ramos every game, does not change the fact that we should play better the other 89 minutes.

Juanlu was nice again.

5 Likes

No idea. what Dimi has done to upset Mendi but they need to kiss and make up very soon.
Nyland is looking as bad if not worse than Rico. Thatā€™s twice in the last two games heā€™s dropped the ball after fumbling it.
Got caught in two minds tonight whether to come out or stay back that almost cost us.
His punching is weak and his distribution poor. He also dived far too early on the 2 pens he has faced.

Whatā€™s your opinion of him Jim?

Oh and Ramos needs to remember he is no longer at r madrid where both the pen and the foul would not have been given.

7 Likes

:laughing:

Exactly. Plus that he took all the trickery, complaining etc. with him from his time at RM, but not his stamina and physical presence lol.

5 Likes

I donā€™t rate him at all, I said this when we were signing him. He was dreadful in England and he is clearly just a cheap option (well free) that we brought in so we could use transfer funds elsewhere in the Squad.

No idea what is going on with Dmitrovic but I would rather a half fit / half on form Dmi over Nyland. Hopefully we find someone better next Summer.

1 Like

We played well. Great in attack and we created a lot. Well taken goals by Gudelj and YEN.

However, we still suspect in defence and Ramos showing his age. He gave a penalty way and looked uncomfortable all night. Iā€™m not sure heā€™s up for it anymore and itā€™s understandable. He might be better as a squad player.

2 Likes