23/24 - MD2: Sevilla FC (3) at Alavés (4)

How quickly we forget…

3 Likes

Yeah, 2 years and I forget. :grin:

We should have Gattoni first choice, if we’re saying Kike Salas is better why are we selling him. Sow equally should start and finish the game.

1 Like

Vamos Sevilla!

3 Likes

sigh

Uh oh…

Wow. What a strike. To be fair it was coming. I hope we respond fast.

Foul on Salas there or am I just biased?

was there a discussion somewhere about the value of an elite v decent goalkeeper?

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Salas needed to define a pass or pùt the ball out.

We’ll take that. Corner put in, Lamela gets a foot on it, and put into alaves’ own net

2 Likes

clinical finishing from Lamela

2 Likes

New ballgame now, really love how many people are shirtless 15 minutes in

2 Likes

Vamos! We will take that! 1-1

2 Likes

From my very limited Spanish, I think Mendi was calling for more support when playing into tight spaces. We’re not giving ourselves many options with certain passes.

Lamela hits the inside of the post there. So close.

1 Like

ah Lamela… he’s had three chances that he’s missed (one of them was the goal). in the right place but boy is that finishing lacking.

1 Like

So close from lamela! Great football by us!

2 Likes

does Dmitrovic seem to be bad at controlling his box today? he’s been very passive cleaning up looping balls into the area. i thought this was something he was good at.

1 Like

He was but I think the problem is we are playing the game how Alavez want it … which is open and frantic. What we should do is slow it down and impose our game on Alavez. Their goal was a shot between two defenders 10 yards apart, it was the Atlantic Ocean of space in football terms. Mendi should be thinking how to close those gaps.

2 Likes