23/24 MD16 - Sevilla FC vs Getafe

Fans turning against them. Rightfully so. Shocking performance this!

2 Likes

Rakitic suspended for Granada. With more injuries and top of injuries, Granada will fancy it Tuesday night. If anyone gives them a lift itā€™s us. Our record there isnā€™t great either. Depressing.

1 Like

Damn, we suck! :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

If you offered me 17th right now Iā€™d snatch someoneā€™s hand off.

We just have absolutely nothing in this squad to get excited about. Changing the manager I feel wonā€™t make much difference either.

7 Likes

Weā€™ve basically become a nursing home paying outrageous pensions and organizing a weekly activity : a good olā€™ game of football for the grandpaā€™s to reminisce about their glory days.

Fuck, Iā€™ve seen charity games with more effort.

5 Likes

ahemā€¦ Susoā€™s still here tho :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You cannot be losing 0-3 to teams like Getafe. I think DA has sealed his fate with that result.

4 Likes

Itā€™s official. Diego Alonso sacked.

5 Likes

After watching this we are in deep trouble for relegation

2 Likes

Man it sucks to get beat by weaker opponents. This is not the Sevilla I have fancied. We should have been challenging top tier teams by now.

Never have I seen Sevilla so clueless under this manager. He should never have been appointed in the first place.

Get Jesus Navas manage the team for the rest of the season. He has done his part as a player and as a club legend his presence might uplift our spirits.

5 Likes

Overall very disappointing period under Diego Alonso. Hardly any promise came out, and in the end it completely fell apart. Some historically bad records are set and we continue our road of misery.

Bless the next candidate, heā€™ll need it. We have become what I wish we werenā€™t.

I donā€™t think before playing Granada you should worry as you should. If we lose that one admittedly we are fucked and well deserved.

But Granada just as Almeria are basically already teams of the second league. They concede more than 2 on average and are hardly a treat to anybody.

2 Likes

Can we have that in writing? Granada have drawn against sides at home that are far better than us right now. They drew with Barca and athletic club at home. We have a lengthy injury list and in a crisis from top to bottom.

Our away record at Granada or in general isnā€™t great either. I donā€™t think we nailed on for any win. Iā€™m sure Granada if they wanted to play anyone right now they would probably choose Almeria then us! lol

We donā€™t hurt teams enough so even if Granada are bad in defence will we punish them? No Rakitic for that one too and not sure if ocampos and sow are injured too.

I hope you right because we need a win desperately even if itā€™s an ugly scrappy win.

If I was I a betting man Iā€™d go 1-1 for this. The game is open for either side though.

3 Likes

Barcelona isnā€™t all that and we could have drawn them too besides with plain fighting you can sometimes reach enough (time for us to do the same), especially if your talent has a miracle game. We will see where they end but they will be near last place. And honestly we look like a team willing to sponsor a team like them a nice victory to help them on their way so yeh all depends how we show up next week.

3 Likes

Very toxic in the stadium last night during the game and worse outside after. The police were out in full force preventing fans from entering the VIP doors, with quite a few scuffles breaking out.
Must say thatā€™s just about the worst display by a Sevilla team i have seen in all my years watching them.
La segunda here we come. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

The idea of Navas taking charge as player-manager till the rest of the season may work for some much-needed extra stimulation and team spirit, although of course can also backfire due to his inexperience as a manager/head coach.

Wonder who the options are right nowā€¦

Players who were overlooked by Alonso should put extra effort and motivation now, to get their place in the team back. But we also desperately need to get more quality into the team and also get the important injured players back asap.

3 Likes

Quique Sanchez Flores is the new man at the helm! Vamos Quique!

1 Like

I watched the game on record tonight.

Absolutely shambolic performance. About the worst Iā€™ve ever seen us and that takes some topping in the last season or two.

We definitely look like relegation fodder right now. The squad isnā€™t good enough and any manager who comes in has a real job on their hands. Can we seriously say weā€™re better than Granada right now. We are terrible and other than maybe them and Almeria, Iā€™m struggling to think of another team weā€™re better than. We are a real mess.

Relegation to the Segunda is a serious possibility and we can only hope Quique turns it around!

3 Likes