23/24 MD16 - Sevilla FC vs Getafe

First bunch of question and 10 minutes of the press conference from the start just about if he feels confidence from the board and if he feels a possible boot coming soon. Same as every week basically. Just painful.

What I don’t like is how he stressed at the start, to win games you have to prepare yourself to win the game. And we don’t really seem to prepare ourselves to win anything.

Same thing with the system, saying the system doesn’t matter but how you play it but then with a worse team than normal, in a different system, playing better overall than before last week basically disproving it.

Then about the chance creation, and being the record crosser of the league. What to do about it? He answers with a straight face, to be more effective. I mean. Yeh buddy. That would be a good one. There is so much on what that depends on its not even funny. But yeh.

I’m pretty sure, he can’t lose this one or its really done. But we’ve been surprised before. So who knows at this point.

All we can do is once more, hope for the turn around.

2 Likes

Getafe tomorrow and Granada in midweek are two massive games.

Points needed (six ideally) or there will be big relegation trouble with Atletico after that.

1 Like

Here’s my uneducated guess of what is happening after updating my expectations in recent weeks:

Act 1: The board agrees to fire Alonso
Act 2: The board requests the money to pay his contract release clause
Act 3: The bank responds “insufficient funds
Act 4: (present time) Board keeps riding the bronco :racehorse:/bull :ox: until a cheaper contract release clause is triggered (e.g. Sevilla is 18th or lower at the end of a match day)

Seems more logical than the Board actually trusting Alonso to turn things around right now?

2 Likes

lineups via sofascore

2 Likes

Just realized some time in the past that I also betted a little bit on us and really believed in the team. I should have just started betting against us and would have made good profits.

I will be curiously watching how and if we are able to get to goalscoring chances.

My general expectation of the game: rough and low scoring.

2 Likes

Must win! Pressure is on after Celta’s win too. Vamos Sevilla!

1 Like

Okay here we go again…

Penalty given.

1 Like

New recruiting requirement… No armed players.

1 Like

bruh it deflected off his foot then the ground how is that a penalty

3 Likes

lovely

1 Like

How does our Goalkeeper get a Yellow Card in the 4th minute of a game? :exploding_head:

We can’t catch a break, and we are being tested to the absolute limits.

Vamooos!

2 Likes

Protesting against the penalty, not taking his position.

1 Like

I hate this new football. Not a god damn thing Juanlu could do there.

4 Likes

too early for that rakitic

1 Like

Field organization positionally looks horrendous.

1 Like

Hope Soria is OK.

2 Likes

yes, brave clearance, horrible landing. Like falling into a side stretch. that’s gotta hurt.

2 Likes

The team still doesn’t have a shirt sponsor? Is this normal?

1 Like