2024 African Cup of Nations

So the cup kicked off this week and Freddy Kanoutes’ Mali beat South Africa today.

Tomorrow sees our YEN and :morocco: play their first match.

3 Likes

You got me excited, thinking Kanouté got into football coaching. Alas, nope, still no footballing Freddy for the time being.

3 Likes

Morocco are such a joy to watch.

I really don’t know how to watch these in the states.

1 Like

Looks like Bein Sports is carrying these games

2 Likes

En-Nesyri gets a goal late on a low cross.

1 Like

I don’t want to give those bastards anymore of my money. haha

3 Likes

that’s the poacher i know and love.

cool to see him score with his feet :sob: :sob:

3 Likes

Emilio Nsue, former Mallorca wingback developed into a super striker in the fall of his career, scoring a hattrick today. Just Africa Cup things.

3 Likes

Apologies to you Bounou & En-Nesyri supporters, but today is the day Morocco must run into the mighty Leopards of DR Congo. Ya boy YEN will be tucked in nicely in Mbemba’s pocket, while Bakambu will remind him what a real striker is like. This group is ours! :triumph: :congo_kinshasa: :congo_kinshasa: :congo_kinshasa:

2 Likes

One of the Congo players has made our Youssef furious, if it wasn’t for Bono literally hanging onto him trying to hold him back. Things would have escalated big time.

1 Like

Fabrice Ondoa the goalkeeper for Cameroon in this AfCon ahead of Andre Onana played 5 games for Sevilla Atlético in the Segunda Division between 2016-2018, conceding 9 goals, with 0 clean sheets.

2016/17:
1-2 W Vs Real Zaragoza
1-0 L Vs Real Oviedo

2017/18:
2-1 L Vs Reus
0-1 L Vs Sporting Gijon
4-1 L Vs Cadiz

he did great against Gambia, despite conceding 2 goals. interesting dropping probably the most hyped goalkeeper right now for him

2 Likes

Onana has been awful this season and him and Rigobert Song the Coach don’t like each other.

2 Likes

AFCON 2023 - rooting for DR Congo to win it.

Asian Cup 2024 - rooting for South Korea to win it.

4 Likes

wordplay_kid26

5 Likes

DRC all the way!

3 Likes

Sorry about DRC, @Edinho !

Next time!

Who’s taking home the glory? Nigeria or Côte d’Ivoire ?

I gotta go with my old Ivoirien friends, even though the knocked out DRC.

Y’all picking a favorite?

2 Likes

My favourites the Indomitable Lions got knocked out a while ago so not really sure I care who wins it now.

A pity that DR Congo is out… Ivory Coast is quite lucky to be in the final, they should’ve got knocked out by Mali, but oh well.

Rooting for Nigeria in the final!

2 Likes