2024 - 2025 Sevilla Atlético Thread

Sevilla Atlético will be in Group 2 of the RFEF Primera division.

More derbis, more Yeclano, and maybe even an Alcorconazo or two this season in Group 2. Should be a fun one, although not so much if they don’t start bringing in to backfill all the talent they lost

2 Likes

Not sure if this is the best place for this, but…

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-7JrcmNHCC/?igsh=MTc2MGVkdGx4a2V5NQ==

Biggest thing that stood out to me was that I don’t think I even knew who JuanLu was when we won that UEL trophy, so was surprised to see these photos and pick him out in like three of the pictures

1 Like

Update on an old canterano, Carlos Alvarez.

Clip from Twitter in the article is worth a watch. Don’t know if we made the wrong decision to lose him, under the circumstances at the time he left, but definitely happy to see him doing well

2 Likes

Dude is balling this season. Seems a huge miss by Monchi not to renew. He could be in that Juanlu position with Juanlu out wide!

Anyway, SAT lost today. :sob:

1 Like

I saw the clip earlier, was going to post it too. I look at that movement and think who does it remind me of?

I hope we’ve got a 50% clause on his transfers.

1 Like

Dug up this article which talks about Ivan Romero having a 50% sell-on clause, but doesn’t mention anything about a clause for Carlos Alvarez…
https://orgullobiri.com/carlos-alvarez-sale-traspasado-del-sevilla-fc/

1 Like

Nevermind. You’re in luck, @TimSpence2

Indeed, we apparently have a 50% sell-on clause based on this article from this past spring. Contract with Levante runs through 2027

1 Like

Killing it today. 5-1 in the 70th minute. Sanluqueño went up 1 early, but received a red card shortly after the goal. It’s been SAT ever since.
Manu Bueno, Mejía, Pascual with 2 and an own goal.

Not able to watch but listening to the call on Twitch.

2 Likes

It looks like we can get possibly get these matches on FEF.TV - Might need a VPN, but it’s 79.99 Euros.

Anyway, SAT fought from behind to tie Huelva today 2-2. Goals by Isra and Mejia.

The lads pulled it back this morning and got a draw at Alcorón 2-2.

Ibra Sow scored and new signing Migue Sierra scores in the 89th to get the draw.

This was a huge point giving the situation, on the road with great home support, missing Manu Bueno, Matteo, and Idumbo due to first team callups, and a team we are battling in the table.

1 Like

Worth noting, though, that in terms of the Table, we’re 4 points from 1st place and 4 points from last place.

So a total of 8 points between first and last.

In La Liga, after 6 matchdays, there were 16 points between top and bottom. Incredible how quickly having an unbalanced, money-driven, not-fair-play league makes things unbalanced…and alternatively how having a balanced, competitive league makes every match an interesting one…

2 Likes

SAT took a heavy defeat yesterday after some questionable calls by the ref.

Thank God for Alberto Flores, it could have been worse.

Jose Maria Callejon once of Napoli & Fiorentina (& Granada) scored in that game :scream:

1 Like

I saw the name but wasn’t sure if it was him. I think he is the captain of Marbella

1 Like

He came through the Real Madrid youth system and played 55 games with 8 goals in the top flight with Real Madrid.

1 Like