2020-2021 International Team Discussions

Navas with the start at RW today against Germany:

3 Likes

Navas is an inspiration to the younger generations that you can play decent football and be a crucial part of the team of your youth and lead them to glory, as well as help your national team even at 35. All it took for Navas was a change in position, from pure right winger to right full back (attacking minded of course).

I’m very happy to see Navas and will cherish his latest years with the club.

My national team Kosovo plays tonight against Moldova from 20:45 and we are expected to win. However, the team will lose 3 key players due to the pandemic situation, as Switzerland and Germany have mandatory quarantine for players returning from countries where the situation is worsened, and Kosovo is one of them in Europe unfortunately.

There will be no fans in the stadium for our match vs. Greece on Sunday but I will make sure to watch the match from the building of the place that I work, it overlooks the stadium and is more or less like watching a match from the top of Camp Nou (maybe) lol. Will post a pic or vid here when the time comes.

7 Likes

That’s awesome. We have some buildings around some of the stadiums here in DC that have rooftops that allow for viewing the games from a far.

Spain getting ran by Germany right now, still 0-0 though.

2 Likes

SĂ­, Navas is playing, Reguilon on the bench but only 3 subs allowed to might not get a game.

Rodrigo goes past the German Goalkeeper who manages to catch up and stop the pass into goal, lamentable. De Gea makes a great save to keep it 0-0.

2 Likes

De Gea getting the start even though he has been trash. Perfect opportunity to give Unai Simon his first start, but no. :unamused:

Saying that Kevin Trapp is in goal for Germany. :sweat_smile:

Oscar Rodriguez is on the bench, but with only 3 subs doubt he gets PT

1 Like

I think 4 subs entered, maybe that’s just TVE not being on top of the rules.
But Spain scrape 1-1 in minute 95. :rofl:

2 Likes

Oscar played some minutes too. I didn’t get to see how he did, but good to see him get a run.

2 Likes

When you think of it, Morocco can become quite a decent team with the current players. Munir has joined due to the recent change of FIFA rules. So now they have: Munir, YEN, Bono (Sevilla), Idrissi (AZ), Hakimi (Inter), Hakim Ziyech (Chelsea, ex-Ajax), Amrabat (Fiorentina), Chakla (signed with Villarreal this season), Labyad, Mazraoui (Ajax) etc.

I’d be surprised if they won’t qualify for the 2022 World Cup and be a top contender for the African Cup of Nations in early 2022.

4 Likes

Munir returned to Sevilla after some sort of bureautic issues.

1 Like

En-Nesyri scored for Morocco in a 3-1 friendly win over Senegal. Bounou also got the start.

4 Likes

I think FIFA have denied him permission to play for Morocco.

2 Likes

To be fair when on top form he could probably get in this Spain team anyway.

1 Like

Kounde scored the only (and winning) goal for France U21 in their match vs. Slovakia U21.

4 Likes

I want thank you for releasing the first monchi’s men podcast. Hoping this podcast grows and even surpass “churros y tacticas” and other podcasts focusing on la liga. I pray we get some insiders of our club as time goes on and possibly dissect various topics about our club. From the first team, Sevilla B, feminino teams and analysis of our past teams.

6 Likes

Thanks Coolio! That is our goal is to provide good content with guests. Let’s see what happens. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait! No! Vaclik got done in a one on one, I’m not having it! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Bryan Gil has been called up for the Spanish national team!

4 Likes

That’s good and bad. It’s good that he’s being recognized this year for his talent, but that’s bad because now all the bigger teams will be able to get a better look at him. Barcelona is already having a sniff at him, we don’t want City, PSG, Bayern, etc. adding to the pile of clubs going after him. If you ask me, we should give him a long-term contract at the end of his loan spell at Eibar, and get him submersed into the first team, hopefully becoming a starter if Suso, Papu, and/or Ocampos are overwhelming next year. I really hope that Gil decides to stay at the club, he could become a next club legend.

2 Likes

Those teams will come sniffing anyway if he stays in such good form. This is nothing but positive news for the kid. Great experience. Let’s get him back in a Sevilla kit next year!

4 Likes