2019 Summer Transfer Rumors

Probably not, Sturridge has been injury prone for a while now and wouldn’t provide the physical presence that WBY wants, even if WBY were to leave he cannot be relied upon to show up for a whole season.

Moreno’s main criticism during his time at Liverpool was he was always bombing up the left with little to show for it. That means he’s probably at the same level when he left us if not worse. Given he’s from our system that could work.

Lopetegui is already making moves and his first target is Sergio Reguilon, it’s probably him or Moreno.

Damn… he seems to be crazy about Reguilon - crazy enough so he benched Marcelo for him.

Reguilon wouldn’t be coming cheap though right?

Lopetegui only played Reguilon once during a CL game, and he then started playing after Julen was sacked.

Like you Shend, I’m hoping to be proved wrong about him.

Oh wow… epic confusion of Lopetegui with Solari there. So Solari benched Marcelo for Reguilon and was stubborn about it, my bad.

AND Vinicius! Julen barely played him. And once Solari introduced him to the starting lineup, he had a good thing going together with Benzema.

But here’s a chance to start a project from scratch. I’m still waiting for these Banega to Boca rumours to come true, and for some Serie A team to come pick up Mudo & Muriel. Let’s get this show on the road!

2 Likes

This Sarabia to Valencia shit is heating up. I don’t like that. You can’t go to a rival like Valencia and expect me not to boo the shit out of you.

2 Likes

Valencia’s interest in Sarabia is cooling accoriding to todays ‘news’, if you believe the news hahaha.

One thing that worries me is that Promes has declared he doesn’t want another season playing in the same position, wants to be up front. I think he might end up at Barca or Real Madrid.

Some news at last

Reguilon has accepted he might have to leave Madrid, but he would only want to go to a team in the Champions League … quite a request from a benchwarmer who only got 21 appearances last season, still not convinced by him.

Moreno has stated he would like to return after hearing of Reyes’s incident. I’m pretty certain we won’t land both Moreno and Reguilon, we’ll see how it goes.

It’s said we have an agreement for Joan Jordan, the player himself wants to come and the fact that he is entering the final year of his contract helps, we’re looking at around 15m and the ball is in Eibar’s court.

I love saving the bombs for last and Lopetegui has been quoted as really wanting Banega to stay, he is doing himself no favors here.

2 Likes

Re: Joan Jordán… he looks very effective from what i seen. He could play Roque’s role, or whatever he was supposed to do for us. He just looks a bit awkward on the ball, kinda like Gonalons.

Re: Banega… i’ve looked at scenarios in which he stays, cause he still is a tremendous playmaker. You have to cater to him though, with a proper DM, and another B2B player. I’d still prefer if he left.

Can the Biris club together a pay for this move to Sevilla

Banega can be a tremendous playmaker but his performance in the second half of the season showed his disinterest, getting the most yellow cards and that thug move in his final appearance underlined that. We are still not sure which identity Lope is going to adopt and having the team revolve around an unpredictable Banega is not what I want. Best if he leaves.

WBY has stated he would like to seek a move elsewhere if possible but quickly backtracked by saying the club has the final say. I’d hate to let him leave, we can’t replace his goals.

We are also said to be interested in Dynamo Kiev’s Viktor Tsyhankov, he has been lighting up the Ukrainian league for the last 2 seasons and is just 21. Here’s hoping he doesn’t turn out as the next Konoplyanka, but him being on the wings with Promes does sound exciting.

2 Likes

Mercado signed for Al-Rayyan SC of Qatar. I wished for him to stay for another season, but good choice none the less, he was a warrior and helped us a lot. Thanks Gabi!

3 Likes

Some further moves mooted:

Sergei Gomez has been told the club likes him but if an offer comes he can talk to these suitors. He probably has a value of 10m plus so it depends on the offer.

Mudo may be going back to Italy, we are trying to get back Luis Alberto and an offer of Mudo plus cash could work.

Also, Real Sociedad managed to buy Alexsander Isak from Dortmund for a measly 10m, where were we in this? And why in the world would Dortmund let him go?

Right?! La Real making some moves! He could also play on the wing, so he would have slotted in perfectly. BUT, he is fresh from the Eredivisie where numbers lie, so i’m curious to see how this does. I guess Monchi has other plans. It must be the timing too, cause he seems focused on midfielders right now.

Joan Jordán should sign any day now… classic Monchi haggling on an exit clause of €15M and offering only €10-12M. :sweat_smile:

I don’t watch much Ligue 1, but we’re also trying to bring in Benjamin Bourigeaud from Rennes — attacking mid. who had 9G 10A (all comps) last season.

I still don’t see a Banega replacement in those 2, but #InMonchiWeTrust

I don’t like the Elmas rumors. Not a solid player that we can sign. Fenerbahce was rubbish this season. Even if we end up getting him I hope we do it for cheap.

I never believe the SuperLig rumours. I’m sure Monchi has a good network there, but i mean, are we really signing Ozyakup or Yazici? Hell, is there any player from the Turkish league that you’d even go for? Mind you, we just got Kjær from there.

EDIT: just read the ED article, and it’s a Kjær + €15M deal that’s being talked about. This 19-yr old is that highly rated??

1 Like

Wouldn’t trust anyone coming from the Turkish league. I perceive it as a league of retired footballers that want to play in a great atmosphere (Turkish fans are known for hardcore support of their teams, choreography etc.)

Surprising news:

Brentford striker Neal Maupay is said to be close to a transfer to Sevilla, he scored 28 goals for Brentford in the second tier of the English football last season, this would be a decent output but there are 24 teams in the league and they play 46 games.

Neal is a Frenchman having played in France before making the move to England, he is quick and can play as a striker or on the wing. The only drawback is he won’t provide much physical presence with a height of only 1.71m. I’m expecting this to WBY’s replacement in preparation for the latter to leave. The fee is said to be around 10M.

This just in from South America: Muriel has managed to injure his mcl in Colombia’s first game at CONCACAF, would have been nice if he did something constructive given he actually started the game on the wing. He has been ruled out of the tournament and it’s questionable if we can actually sell him in this window. Can we just tell the Colombian National team to leave him in Costa Rica or Jamaica? He won’t be missed, we can also try our hand at Roger Martinez (scored a good goal against Argentina) while we’re at it.

1 Like

I managed to catch the first half and that Roger Martinez guy was quite good. I really hope that the Brentford fella is not WBY’s replacement. I see him more as a third striker or second choice on the wing perhaps.

We need quality not quantity!