2019-2020 Copa del Rey Thread

The possible teams Sevilla could face in the next round:

Second Division B (20): UD Logroñés, Yeclano Deportivo, CD Ebro, Marbella FC, Unionistas de Salamanca, RC Recreativo, Cartagena FC, Real Murcia, UD San ​​Sebastián de los Reyes, Badalona CF, UCAM Murcia CF, Pontevedra CF / UD Ibiza, Barakaldo CF, Cultural Leonesa, CD Badajoz, Haro Deportivo, Mérida AD / La Nucía CF, Rayo Majadahonda, Club Gimnàstic and Orihuela CF.

Third Division: (8): Real Jaén, Club Portugalete, UM Escobedo, Zamora CF, AD Ceuta, Sestao River, CP Cacereño and UD Tamaraceite.

Escobar(edo) it is!

Is it Home or Away? If Away it’s another long arsed trip up to the North of Spain again. :unamused: Looks like it is Away.

:poop: have drawn Portugalete Away which is up in the Basque Country. That being said Cadiz have been drawn Away to Logroñes which is up that way too. :rofl:

Long? Probably what a 2 hour plan ride? That’s nothing :slight_smile:

WORLD CLOCK: 0600 EST / 1200 CET / 2200 AEST

Our CDR campaign resumes with the Round of 32, as Sevilla travels to Cantabria to play against Escobedo — the 4th division team who eliminated Málaga last round. As the competition has changed to single elimination matches until the semis, this one can become tricky if Sevilla once again forget to pack their shooting boots. Lopetegui has called up a strong squad of 20, stating: “We aren’t thinking of giving anyone opportunities.”

Projected XI: Bounou; Navas, Kounde, Carlos, Reguilón; Gudelj, Jordán, Banega; Munir, De Jong, Ocampos.

¡Vamos chicos!
#WeAreSevilla

Didn’t see the match but just checked the scoreline. Checked the score and nice to see us score some goals. It will give the team more confidence. Vamos Sevilla!

1 Like

Damn, i was gonna try and find this game, but i fell asleep thru my alarm. :expressionless:

Match ended 5-0 in our favour, 5 different goalscorers. We came out with:

Bounou; Navas, Gudelj, Gómez, Reguilón; Jordán, Óliver, Vázquez; Ocampos, De Jong, Nolito. Our subs were Bryan, Rony & Chicharito.

Onto the sweet 16!

1 Like

Always good to win, keep the confidence up. Intresting sdie note, Raul de Tomas scored today for Espanyol. Granted it was against San Sebastian de los reyes but still see he is off and running.

1 Like

A win is a win whoever the opponents are. Good to see it was more convincing than the last round, and some of the squad players got a run out. Almost two weeks into January and we haven’t signed anyone yet though. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve given up on De jong he is not a striker , He doesn’t have a clue where the goal is.
I have seen him do this a few times now, what on earth was he thinking??

3 Likes

I saw that earlier and tried to forget that it ever happened. :pensive:

Anyone find any highlights?

Here ya go:

1 Like

Thanks. I found some on Goal.com, but had to connect to a VPN to make it think I was in Spain.

I hope they could start showing this on BeIN once the next round starts. This could get real good.

Fucking hilarious. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Someone wanted to swap shirts with De Jong at the end? :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe the blue lines put him off? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
The game was only shown live on the Spanish terrestrial channel Cuatro and via the internet on the pay for platform Dazn Espana.
The latter rounds should be available on more channels hopefully for those of you outside Spain.

1 Like

The next round draw (in bold is games I will be looking out for).

UD Ibiza vs. FC Barcelona
UD Logroñés vs. Valencia CF
CyD Leonesa vs. Atletico Madrid
Unionistas Salamanca vs. Real Madrid
CD Ebro vs. CD Leganés
CD Badajoz vs. SD Eibar
CF Badalona vs. Granada CF
Recreativo de Huelva vs. CA Osasuna
Rayo Vallecano vs. Real Betis
CD Mirandés vs. RC Celta
CD Tenerife vs. Real Valladolid
Girona FC vs. Villarreal CF
Elche CF vs. Athletic Club
Real Zaragoza vs. RCD Mallorca
Sevilla vs. Levante UD

There only seems to be 15 ties, what is missing?

You missed out

R.Sociedad - Espanyol