2018-19 SFC Summer Transfer Window

More rumours, Iborra could be returning to Spain with Levante, Sevilla and :poop: interested in Ben Arfa, Manure looking at Lenglet, Girondins interested in loaning Arana, Sevilla interested in goalkeeper Alphonse Areola from PSG.

No further news of Bast Dost who rescinded his contract after being attacked by fans. Ganso holding out against being ceded to other European leagues, could mean a return to Brazil.

Market value of Sergio Rico worth a peek

Love all the transfer rumours. Let’s hope we can get the right players to help us get to the next level!

In Pablo Machin we trust!

The search for a target-man type CF is clear now with links to Maxi Gómez from Celta:

He has a €50M release clause, and Celta will only start negotiating with at least €30M on the table. He’s a younger option who’s already had a good season in La Liga. I say if we could offer €20M + player (Nolito, Correa, or Vázquez,) i’d be up for it.

Bas Dost will most likely be a cheaper option, so I think Caparrós will wait till the end of this week to see how his contract situation develops.

I can’t see us paying Maxi’s release, but I’d love to have the guy. I think he’s brilliant.

That’s THE guy we need tho. I’m sure there’s a “once bitten, twice shy” thing now when it comes to us signing players for big fees. Correa, Vázquez & Muriel have all disappointed, so I won’t be surprised if we just end up with someone like Calleri.

Bas Dost just had his contract rescinded. Now we just face competition from basically every EPL team out there. Looking forward to see how Caparrós and his team work this summer.

1 Like

The main Seville papers have added Issa Diop (21) of Toulouse & Diego Reyes (25) from Porto to the list of CB targets. Diop with a reported €15M price tag (and a slew of PL clubs after him) & Reyes will be free July 1st.

Diop seems a nice prospect, while Reyes has barely featured this past season. He does have La Liga experience, but maybe just bring him in as a rotation player.

Edit: Oh, and the Italian papers (so you know it’s BS) are saying we might agree on a loan deal for Kalinić, with a €20M obligatory buy.

I believe he’s a good player, but I can’t trust him after the year he’s had at Milan. And surely not at that price. Maybe for André Silva, but not Kalinić.

Kalinic’s ankle is fucked up and might cause him a lot of issues in the near future. It could be another Tiberio Guarente case, Italian clubs often try to sell injury-prone players and fuck other teams up.

Kalinic sent home from the world cup! Apparently refused to come on due to a back injury… clearly the manager thinks this is false as it appears he (Kalinic) wasn’t happy with the squad.

Don’t think we need this at the club… true or false… injury issues and possibly allegedly personality problems… definitely not worth the risk!

3 Likes

First official signing of the summer window - Roque Mesa until 2021, FINALLY!

4 Likes

Fabrice Ondoa GK from Sevilla Atletico was sold for 1 Million Euros

Caparrós finally got this show on the road. Not a bad way to start. Now let’s get this defense sorted. Apparently they’re waiting on the new fiscal year to begin on July 1st to finalize some deals they’ve been working on. Maybe Krychowiak?

Also, how do y’all feel about Banega being linked to Arsenal?

It smells fishy to me. They already have Xhaka and they just bought Lucas Torreira. I’m sure Emery’s priority has to be a DM like Nzonzi. I’m thinking this is some more agent work to get Banega’s (low) release clause of €20M out there in the press. We shall see.

1 Like

So Caparros is also responsible for transfer from now on?
No Oscar Arias successor?

Not entirely. He’ll have a team around him, which also includes Carlos Marchena, who had recently been called up to join Hierro as an assistant in the NT. Caparrós will be the head of operations.

1 Like

Lenglet delaying his decision until Monday.

We’re now linked with Amadou from Lille and Caleta-Car from Croatia

So the Amadou signing has just been made official, pending a medical of course.

I always love when we make moves in silence and sign a player we haven’t been linked with. I haven’t seen him play, but looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Probably a sign that Lenglet is leaving though. Or could just be in for Nico and Carrico

I’ve seen Caleta-Car play for RB Salzburg and he’s a decent CB. Plus he’s on the Croatian national team for this WC.

I guess Amadou played with Lenglet, maybe That will be enough to get him to stay.

I don’t think he was brought in as a CB, rather as a CDM.

2 Likes

Nzonzi wants out. Probably time to grant his wish, but if it’s to England, they have to pay the full clause.

1 Like