Sevilla at Simba (Tanzania): Club Friendly

That goal we conceded is exactly why I wouldn’t want him to stay with us. I looked at him as a coward from then on, and as you said, he may be a good 3rd or 4th choice but never a starter for a serious team.

These are the odds for the next Sevilla Manager

Di Francesco – 1.66
Julen Lopetegui – 2.75
Rudi Garcia – 4.33
Bordalás – 13.0
Javi Gracia – 15.0
Abelardo – 15.0
Marcelo Gallardo – 15.0
Quique Setién – 26.0
Laurent Blanc – 41.0
Van Bommel – 41.0
Luis Enrique – 41.0

Take them with a pinch of salt because Setien has already said he will not train Sevilla, and now Monchi has said that Di Francesco will not come to Sevilla. Sevilla fans would not want Lopetegui but he has shot up the odds from 14-1 to 3-1. Luis Enrique has some sort of family crisis at the moment.

I don’t want a non Spanish manager so it leaves me with Bordalás, not much known about the others apart from Javi Gracia.

All in all I wouldn’t want Lopetegui to come. Bordalas would do, I’d like to see a solid 4-4-2 for the next season. Hopefully he can be the one to get us to the next level.

2 Likes

Blanc would also do but I see that more as a rumor only, quite impossible to happen.

1 Like

What about Pep Marti ??? ex player with all his heart in Sevilla and active trainer.

Hmm… not much experience in overall, but even Simeone had only around 5 years of experience in Argentina (including a short unsuccessful stint in Catania) before taking charge of Atleti. So why not, but is he even rumored?

He’s managed Tenerife from 2015 to 2018 and I remember him leading them to the final of Segunda Division playoffs in one of the years, losing sadly. This season he’s managing Depor and with 3 games remaining they still have a chance to join the La Liga playoffs, so not bad in overall.

Valverde will probably be available after tonight.

Do you see him as a Sevilla coach?

I’d take him over any of the names mentioned above

1 Like

Way out of our pay league I would expect

Valverde? No freaking way.

His Barcelona teams only had one gameplan and he is slow on substitutions, he also got outplayed by Valencia even with a midfield of Busquets Rakitic and Arthur. Add in two consecutive meltdowns in the Champions League and we have a coach who either doesn’t have a clue on tactical gameplans or can’t stamp them into his team. If he can’t take a loaded Barca team anywhere near their season goals he would probably lead us to a relegation battle.

Lopetegui should be hands off, he’s not a manager. Rudi Garcia’s Marsielle teams have not performed to their supposed level. Bordalas and Abelardo need to further prove their mettle and not just one season wonders, especially Getafe with European football. The only one I would want is Javi Gracia, he has brought his underdog Watford team to some decent results against the big boys in the Premier League, we need that mentality and performance.

Edit: Javi Gracia signed a new contract in November that ties him down till 2023, guess that puts us out of the running.

2 Likes

2 articles on the work Gracia has done, he was actually unemployed at the start of 2018. We were interested in him but went for the tactical genius Montella instead.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6363035-javi-gracia-the-real-premier-league-manager-of-the-season

https://www.cricketsoccer.com/2019/03/30/javi-gracia-watfords-unsung-superstar/