Sevilla at Getafe: Matchday 33

Promes on Banega off

Sevilla have lost 7 out of the 10 matches where Carriço didn’t play. How important is he to this defense?

So Navas is down for over a minute before the shit ref lets medical treat Navas. Now they go to VAR for a potential red. Not a red, get on with it.

That’s a make-up call. Absolute shit ref.

2 red cards and 7-8 yellows. You would think this match was highly physical, but very far from it.

Ref killed what should have been a great game. Also, why did we get rid of Soria? He’s been the better keeper here today.

I seriously recommend a tactics to aim for VAR handball and red card next season.
Sooner or later other teams will figure this out.

2 Likes

How the hell promes was Russia top scorer?

Promes showed signs of immaturity there with that pathetic kick. A true professional footballer doesn’t do that kind of stuff. I would perhaps do it on my weekly 6 a side friendly match.

Other than that, a total humiliation today. Wrong lineup, wrong subs (Mudo should have never played the full match), wrong everything. I would never like to see Banega, Mudo and Kjaer wear a Sevilla shirt again, but anything goes nowadays. Also, Caparros should probably focus on his health and get a well-deserved rest come 2019-20 season.

1 Like

Playing in a different position

In the first 20 minutes Banega made 3 excellent out of defence moves but lost another 3 dribbling. Later he lost the ball in attack (I don’t have a problem with that), never had control but decided to dribble out of trouble, lost the ball and Amadou was forced to stop the counter attack with a crude foul and yellow card. It wasn’t necessary as Chris said, but that’s what most players do, it’s protocol or considered best practice His free-kicks and corners aren’t inspiring either, it’s time for Banega to go.

Vazquez is too ponderous and slow, apart from being slow physically, he’s a slow thinker, when he gets space it takes him an eternity to chose the best pass and if he runs with the ball he’s soon overtaken for lack of pace. There was a neat triangle between him, WBY and Munir on the left, it worked and Mudo was clear but he decided to play back into the triangle because he knew he would have trouble doing the running. I think it’s time for him to go.

The game was a nightmare with almost everyone below their normal level, Sarabia out and Gonalons too, but personally I’d prefer to have all the bad luck in one game and then get on with winning the other five games.

3 Likes

Well, Valencia beat betis 1-2 forcing Sevilla into 6th place. For a few minutes I was wishing that Betis would equalize, Lord forgive me, I have sinned.

1 Like

Valencia and Getafe will face the better Madrid teams next week while we will be at home vs Rayo.
1 more chance for the 4th, please don’t screw up!

1 Like

About time both are shown the door, we can manage if either one plays but if both are on the pitch everything becomes slow, predictable and strewn with errors. Vazquez will find suitors in Serie A, and hopefully someone will do the same for Banega.

Supposedly we buy Rog and keep Amadou we will have a good foundation of the two and Mesa, Gonalons just turned 30 so newer players will be needed, a new maestro would be needed at the very least. Can’t think of any names right now but Ziyech is the talk of the continent while Ianis Hagi could be one for the future.

Edit: Enis Bardhi is someone we should really be looking at

3 Likes

Marcos Llorente is Monchi’s top priority according to reports. But as far as I remember he’s a DM so could be a good choice for that area.

1 Like

There’s a player that I think fits Monchi’s style of profile. Al Nesyri of Leganes, he’s not the finished product fit to go straight into the team but he’s got a lot of growth potential and right now he’s clocking up speeds that are 5 kmH faster than anyone else in the league, runs from defence to a shooting position and nobody can catch him. It’s not a rumour, just a hunch that Monchi will be looking at him.

Regarding Bardhi, I’ve been a fan for the last two years but I don’t think this has been his best season.

1 Like

I’m with @keepingitrealisticI like Bardhi; however he’s only gotten 1 goal and 3 assists in 31 matches this season. Seems a bit low for a free kick taking attacking midfielder no?

1 Like

We need all the speed improvements we can get. Too slow.

1 Like

Kind of low indeed but I’ll put it on Levante not being at their best this season, the main reason would be his affordability, can’t really think of another set-piece take in this price bracket.

Also love being linked with Marcos Llorente, at 24 he could definitely contribute to the team, I would like Diego Llorente too, 25 year old centre back at Sociedad.

2 Likes

Would RM sell him or would it just be a loan?