Please don't let Carlos Fernandez go

I see a special player in this lad just screaming to get out. He works tirelessly for his team and his creativity and ability to bring others into the play could be invaluable, especially with Ocampos.

If YEN can get in this team, I can’t see any reason Fernandez can’t.

Also, he takes no shit.

4 Likes

That’s what i’m talking about! Carlos is ready!

Let him & YEN swap places. Youssef needs the loan move.

5 Likes

I’ve been saying this since last pre season, we should have kept him. I know I sort of half jokingly said use him as part of a deal, but only because that is what I could see us doing. :roll_eyes:

The guy has scored decent goals in a decentish team, he deserves a chance at Sevilla now.

3 Likes

I’ve been able to watch a few Granada games this season after the break. As stated he works his ass off. The last match he was exhausted holding his knees in the 80th but still pulled through. He seems to work better when he has a partner and plays a little reserved almost as a CAM. It helps that he has a good strike partner with Soldado. When he’s been the only striker he seems to have the same issue as we have now, lots of holdup play but no end product.

4 Likes

So almost like he prefers to attack from deep?

1 Like

From the games I have seen. Something we can’t do right now with our strikers for sure.

2 Likes

Scored a goal tonight exactly how @ChrisLail described. Both Carlos and Bryan NEED to be in our squad next season. Seen a lot from both of them on loan to suggest they have what it takes to play vital roles at Sevilla. And saves us money having to spend out on at least two players next season.

5 Likes

I hope you are right. I rate them both and you obviously know my man crush for Carlos F.

4 Likes

He has really come on this season. Not sure what happened at Depor last season but his stats didn’t look all that impressive, but he has done it where it counts at a higher level.

3 Likes

Carlos Fernandez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> De Jong and YEN together.

4 Likes

Seeing you guys say he likes to attack from deep, would that fit Lope’s tactics? He probably bought de jong to be a target man to lob long crosses to (albeit a pretty crappy one), it’s also the mould that Ante Budimir is - someone to hold the ball up and be a battering ram.

But you know what, screw his tactics, Carlos could be well served as someone who plays as a striking partner or behind the striker, that and being a cantera with a off the charts work-rate sells it for me.

I’m hoping Monchi keeps an eye on the forums as he has seen the forum banner in the U.S before, if he is then keep him for a season at least, you may be pleasantly surprised!

3 Likes

Jose Castro has been quoted as saying Fernandez is coming back to Sevilla as he is a player of the club, is that a good sign?

3 Likes

Benfica are after him tho, lets give him a raise and sign him for 5 years. Can’t let him go that easily.

5 Likes

If we’re serious about keeping Diego Carlos & Ocampos, do y’all feel we won’t have the funds to go full out on another CF? Not that i don’t think Monchi will do the usual and flip one of these guys to fund this summer’s signings.

But if we simply use funds on filling in the gaps at fullback & midfield positions, is anybody willing to just have Fernandez be the starting striker?

2 Likes