M23: Celta Vigo v Sevilla [2019-20]

RC CELTA VIGO (20th) v SEVILLA FC (5th)
Sunday, February 9th, 2020
1230 EST / 1830 CET / 430 AEST

We can be told that Celta Vigo hasn’t won in La Liga since November, hence winless in 8 matches. We can be told that they’ve scored the least amount of goals in the league. Also, they currently sit bottom. But for whatever reason, the opposition’s form never seems to be a factor with Lopetegui’s team.

A squad of 20 was brought to Vigo, which excludes Óliver who still hasn’t recovered from injury. Carriço is slowly working his way back to fitness, while Munir has been dropped again after the arrival of Suso. Bono returns from injury, as does Diego Carlos from suspension.

Projected XI: Vaclík; Navas, Kounde, Diego Carlos, Reguilón; Fernando, Jordán, Banega; Suso, De Jong, Ocampos.

We don’t usually play the greatest of games away at Balaídos, especially when ex-player Iago Aspas is available. But this squad is simply to rich to fall short of an acceptable showing. It hasn’t been the best of starts to the year for Sevilla, with only 1 win in 4 in the league. This has allowed the chasing pack to overtake them in the standings and lose their grip on a CL spot. Leaving with all 3 points is the only priority.

#MustWin

2 Likes

We simply have to win this. No excuses at all. Due to our drop off we have been caught by our rivals. We currently in 5th and 3 points off Getafe.

Apart from Oliver we have fully fit squad. Sevilla have to show their teeth now and Lopetegui needs to be more positive in games. Julen has done well but in 2020 there are signs he’s starting to struggle with a few suspect results. He needs to turn it around soon otherwise it don’t take long for him to come under pressure.

Vamos Sevilla. Let’s take the game to them and win this in style. Despite this I’m always nervous in any game we play as we simply don’t score enough and need to find a way to put lesser teams away more with ease. Big game for the team. Vamos Sevilla!!

Yeah we failed to cement a really good position, by not being able to close the easiest games. As this is one of those as well. Would be very shameful if we fail again. Although Celta mostly can put up a though fight. This version should get their butts kicked. Lack of goal scoring is seen in the whole league table so many teams, just having a 1 goal a game average. So we are definitely not the only ones struggling to find the net. I believe Suso is gonna pop off tonight. Assist and a goal. 0-2. Let´s see it lads, vamos!

2 Likes

If he starts with De jong & Nolito we’re sunk

2 Likes

The line up I would choose as well. In my opinion strongest one But depending on which Banega and Jordan show up.

A good lineup… just not sure why Reguilon is not there but Escudero instead?

Okay so its Vazquez for Banega, and Nesyri for LdJ as well. That´s fine too. Actually Reguilon has been playing shit lately. So many overforced runs, bad crosses, terrible passing. Escudero deserves some time for sure. Excited for the fresh front trio.

A better line up. I’m pleased to see Lopetegui change it up. Good to see the new boys get a start. A much more attacking and pacey line up. Let’s see how this goes.

Vamos Sevilla!

Working this afternoon so will keep an eye on whilst I can. Come on boys bring home the 3 points. :clap:t3:

A little cheeky favour from :poop: against Barcelona wouldn’t go a miss either. :upside_down_face:

Excited to see this attacking line-up, wish we had Oliver back as I’m not sure what Mudo can provide in an away game but Banega has already left the club mentally.

Anyone know why Kounde is not starting, I like Gomez for his technical ability but he just popped out of the freezer in the last few games.

2 Likes

Jezus. Vaclik´s daily gifting started already…

next minute, aspas leaving us unpunished… manages to get it over the bar. Lucky us.

1 Like

Get in!!! En Neysri, cool finish!

1 Like

Okeeeeey En Nesyri, pressuring a long ball, forcing a terrible flick back from the Celta defender, and finishing with a small chip shot. Good shit Youssef!

3 Likes

Some dangerous counter attacks, Ocampos should have done better this one, and lay off wide…

1 Like

I hope it wasnt caught on camera :joy:

1 Like

Struggling to get out of our half. But we got options on the counter with En-Nesyri’s pace. Well taken goal. Hope we’ll see more. With Murillo back there, I’m sure there’ll be more chances.

1 Like

Watching on a laggy stream, the counters finally mean something with Suso, Ocampos and En Nesyri wrecking havoc, could be 2-0 if Ocampos wasn’t too confident in himself.

Been searching for Mudo and he probably wasn’t on the pitch for the first 20 or so but when he did appear he just skewed every pass that fell to his feet.

2 Likes

Celta also showing why they are last, their defense is leaking on all sides. So this is helping us to create more chances. We are playing more direct and focussed on counter attacks the En Nesyri choice is working out great in that way.

Suso isn’t on the same page with everyone else. He’s a step late in reading the runs from Mudo and En Nesyri.

Ocampos can’t be a greedy fucker.

Navas needs a rest.

Jordan seems like he’s ducking out of every aerial challenge.

4 Likes

VAR is still analysing what really happened :wink:

1 Like