M22: Sevilla v Alavés [2019-20]

Poor first half! Not enough pace in the team. Lopetegui keeps persisting with these same players. Too many slow players. We need to make changes if we want to win this. Combo of Banega, Jordán, Nolito and de Jong is too slow.

Get the new boys on early 2nd half!! We need to win this, especially after getafe and Valencia winning their games.

En-Nesyri is younger, and still a bit raw. It will take some time until he’s better than Alcacer & Piatek.

1 Like

Very close header from Koundé, centimetres of the post… From a Good corner

Suso adding more creativity to us! Looks good.

Suso promising start, drawing the play towards him, pulling players, and keeping control. Looking Good.

1 Like

Laguardia wow lol

We struggling again now and getting frustrated!

Had a bad feeling that could happen. Awful defending, Alaves are good from set pieces!

Vaclik´s daily gift.

Pen! Our chance to save our bacon!

It’s been a really shit weekend for football. :unamused:

Ocampos! Pleased he took it!

I´ll be honest, I was scared…

Glad its in! 1-1 Y continuamos!

1 Like

I would also blame Monchi along with Lope if we can’t win.
His transfer decision on attackers last summer and this winter looks really really bad to me.

1 Like

I feel En-Nesyri seems like a longer term investment instead of a direct improvement to the team, which is contradicting. Since we want to be 3rd or atleast 4th. And need players to directly improve the teams level.

1 Like

Very dissapointing game. period.

Revealing match overall. Playing the average La Liga side who are missing a few weapons. A few issues, but overall blame Lopetegui.

Good matches from Banega are few and far between, and this definitely wasn’t one of them. It’s way too early to be missing Óliver, but his absence was felt.

Vaclík… where he would’ve won us points last season, he’s costing us this season.

But going forward, i don’t care who’s the starting striker, but Suso & Ocampos must be our wingers. Way more involvement, creating avenues with their movement and dribbling. We don’t get any of that from Nolito.

Still barely holding on to 3rd. It’s looking like the annual Sevilla collapse. Here’s where your built-in chemistry is supposed to help, but we were still clueless that entire 1st half.

2 Likes

Awful game from us. Did not agree with Lopetegui’s line up. On this form we won’t get top 4, which will be a real shame!

Just no cutting edge and all too easy for alaves. Good job for the penalty or we would have not scored and lost.

We have a lot of work to do and questions need to be asked of Lopetegui and Monchi. 2 very unacceptable results in a row. We move on.

Our next two league matches are vs. Celta Vigo and vs. Espanyol, position 19th and 20th respectively (bottom) in the league.

We are much much better on paper and they are two very winnable games. If we don’t get 6 points out of the next two matches, then Lope should be sacked immediately, even right after the first game vs. Celta if we don’t win it. If we don’t get 6 points and Lope still stays with us, the management is delusional and I’ll lose a lot of trust in Monchi, the trust and belief and optimism that he will push us to the limits and try to make us a serious team with a winning mentality.

1 Like

Yet another poor show from our strikers. Without the pen we would have never scored. The fans displeasure was understandable at the end.

Anyone else remember this guy?? Pre Fabiano/ Kanute How we could do with him at his best now. I always loved to watch him, He put his heart into his games.
I met him last night pre match in the hotel bar, told me he is now working for the Spanish football fed coaching disabled kids.

2 Likes