M20: Real Madrid v Sevilla [2019-20]

REAL MADRID CF (2nd) vs SEVILLA FC (4th)
Saturday, January 18th, 2020
1000 EST / 1600 CET / 200 AEST

We begin the 2nd half of season with one of the biggest fixtures in La Liga’s calendar, as we take on the White Storm of Real Madrid. It is indeed a return for Lopetegui, up against his former employers, who’s looking to make-up for the 0-1 loss from last September.

The main addition to the squad is our newly signed striker Youssef En-Nesyri. He will likely start on the bench after only training once with his teammates. Elsewhere, Jordán misses out through injury, Ocampos is suspended, and Chicharito is off to another galaxy.

Player to Watch: Sergio Reguilón. The Madrid loanee will hope to make an impression against his parent club. With Ferland Mendy already earning his keep, Reguilón will want to cause a selection headache ahead of next season.

Sevilla are set to give Madrid a guard of honour before the match, after the latter’s Spanish Supercup triumph last week. The hope is for the pleasantries to end there. We have lost all 12 of our last visits to the Bernabéu. Apart from the Seville derby, Lopetegui has yet to win a match against the traditional top 4. Can La Liga’s best away team pull an upset in the White House?

¡A por los 3 puntos!
#WeAreSevilla

Post-Match Commentary: RMA 2 — 1 SEV

3 Likes

Bono in the projected XI over Vaclik? :thinking::confused:

A guard of honour for this… It’s basically a pointless trophy, reformatted. :roll_eyes: Next it will be “Clubs give Real Madrid a Guard of Honour for winning their last League game.”

1 Like

Nice catch. Forgot to change from the last cup game. Fixed. :grin:

I want to be positive but unfortunately it’s difficult to be. I can’t see anything but a defeat. They have a few key players missing, which is good for us but unfortunately when we go to places like the bernabeu, camp nou or wander we usually flounder.

I hope for a surprise, a draw would feel like a win. All I hope is the players give it their best shot and Lopetegui manages the game well. At least after this we have a nice run of games to come.

3 Likes

We don’t stand much chance in overall, but even a draw would be golden. Not for anything, just to upset RM and burst their ‘super-form’ bubble.

2 Likes

Im hopefull as well not sure why, just getting back in the groove after a small break, makes it also more likely that we can come out the corner differently and Real has to continue their streak. Pressure on them to win, and we gonna take advantage this time. We just go hard and I feel confident in a result. While we are at it, im gonna say 1-3.

let´s see if I need to hop off the hype train, but i just bought my ticket.

2 Likes

Should’ve fielded En Nesiry instead of Mudo there. He’s ready and adapted to La Liga, doesn’t need much time to start getting minutes. Hopefully we’ll see him early in the second half (hopefully 2x by then we won’t get humiliated).

VAMOS!

2 Likes

I wonder if Lope goes with a back-5. Mudo would be wasted on the wing, so a 5-3-2 would look great, especially if De Jong has a strike partner in Munir. (i mean, anything to help the guy right?)

Vamos chicos!!

1 Like

De Jong with the hatty today. I’m calling it. haha

1 Like

Bloody Hell. I wasn’t expecting the Black kit to ever get a run out, I thought it was just for show!

1 Like

Best opportunity there. Putting them under some pressure. Just need to find the net…story of our lives.

This team needs some speed up top/on the wings.

That’s one!!!

Luuk scored… of course VAR has to check this.

Goal taken away. Nice block by Gudelj though. :pensive:

rigged

1 Like

That Madrid player isn’t looking at all lol. But Vázquez caught him up a bit… That’s sad

Ah gudelj mb

Besides that gudelj is performing great

1 Like

My commentator said “maybe you should play table tennis if it is a foul.”
Damn.

2 Likes