M16: Osasuna v Sevilla [2019-20]

No surprise at all, Smart change as well from Lope, taking out Koundé to avoid the same happening to Osasuna right now.

1 Like

Oooohhhh Banega with some venom in there, would have been a cracker of a goal.

Penalty called for foul on Chicharito… but GK might have gotten the ball. Vamos a ver…

First thought, no penalty for me.

1 Like

No penalty, was the right decision. Keeper got the ball first

1 Like

Dabbur about to come on… :eyes:

1 Like

Lopetegui going for it!

Getting away with a handball of Diego Carlos in an aerial duel with Avila, can´t complain…

Dabbur been brilliant! So unlucky not to get the winner here!

1 Like

We were unlucky not to win but it’s not a bad point for us overall. Shame we couldn’t get the winner but still a good point for us!

1 Like

Nah, we should’ve won that game. It’s like these guys don’t practice on their finishing. So many wasted chances.

Chicharito, what was that?!? I’d welcome those MLS rumours now.

1 Like

Chica was poor in front of goal. Dabbur did much more for the short time he was on!

1 Like

Agreed could (and maybe all things considering should) have been better, but worse as well. I am a bit dissapointed in how we played it out in the end tho. Not a terrible result, but so sloppy… Banega with some great passes but generally such bad passing up front, and undecisiveness.

2 Likes

Chicharito cost us the 3 points. Was terrible all night, contributed nothing but offsides and missing clear chances. A proper striker could’ve buried 2-3 today against this pathetic Osasuna defense. Their keeper was good, but nothing spectacular, it was the rustiness of our strikers and wingers that didn’t produce dangerous stuff enough to suffocate this shitty nasty team of Osasuna.

They deserved 2-3 red cards at least.

It was interesting to see Dabbur there, when least expected - he should definitely play more. For the 15-16 mins that he was in, he played much better than Chicharito for the 94 mins. I think De Jong could’ve been a larger threat as well.

All in all, our finishing is pathetic and needs to change, or else we’re always going to have issues winning against these nasty sides that are full of luck and who give their all to get a result against us. One of them ended in the hospital, you do the math how serious it was for them.

With them being 1 man less, we definitely should’ve got the 3 points. We should focus on beating Villarreal now and finishing the year off with 2 victories away vs. Bergantinos and Mallorca - the only way to end the year. Not counting the APOEL match as that is for prestige at this point.

2 Likes

With how Dabbur is able to play inside & outside the box, how is he not a starter at this point?

Perhaps if Javier’s offside goal stood, i would’ve had a different tone. But he started getting desperate and stopped relying on his actual ability.

Never seen Navas play so poor since he been with us. Those bad back passes are becoming common, and this boy can’t cross. There’s a pun there with Jesus and a cross, but ain’t finna go there.

Banega was our only positive going forward. I wish he played like that consistently, cause he blows hot and cold way too often.

Not sure what’s up with Óliver. He’s great at holding the ball, but tonight that’s all he showed. Missed a simple square pass to Chicharito that would have given us the lead.

Overall, our play seemed very rushed when it didn’t need to be. Especially in that 2nd half when we began to take control, and definitely after the man-advantage.

As the consensus is, we unlucky not to win, but also lucky not to have conceded more goals. Onto Cyprus for a nice scrimmage, and bring on Iborra & co. next week.

2 Likes

Oliver should have gone for the goal rather than trying to pass square to Chicharito. I can’t remember who did it but the same thing happened v Leganes last week. Rather than head the ball goalwards for an almost certain goal, it was headed square across.
The positives were Banega with some great passes, the one for Munir reminded of the guy in my photo.
Dabbur also contributed some lovely touches.
Very disappointed that lopi didn’t instruct us to shoot on sight from anywhere within range as Osasuna
due to injuries were playing with their third choice keeper. Allthough the kid did well when tested.

1 Like

Such soggy hands from Vaclik for their goal. :tired_face:

Yeah on reflection having looked back at the game it was a missed opportunity for sure. We did ride our luck a couple of times when they hit the bar and post though. However, for the last 30 minutes it was all us and we had many chances to score. We were poor in front of goal.

I thought Lopetegui made the right changes though. Taking Kounde off was smart as he was on a yellow and looking uncomfortable. Plus Vázquez and Dabbur added a lot to the team. Our forwards just weren’t clinical enough and the main culprit was definitely chicharito last night.

I didn’t want to steal Edi’s thunder by starting match day threads so thought I would post this in here for now. Exceptionally young team flown out to Cyprus for the Europa League game tomorrow. :flushed:

2 Likes

Adrian and Alfonso are both goalkeepers I believe, Chacartegui is usually a Left Back, Genaro I believe is a defensive Centre Mid, and Ivan Romero is a second striker (C team player). We know about Mena, Lara and of course our boy Bryan Gil.

Paco Fernandez is a C team player usually known as Paquito and is a Centre Mid.