Eibar Away - La Liga - Week 22

Well now there has to be some serious thinking inside the club.

We had a great squad, it was an unholy mix and didn’t work out. We changed the manager and we bought four new players and they must surely have a nett positive effect eventually.

Most of our problems have been down to defence and a slow start by Muriel. So now the manager must stamp his style on the squad. I’m happy that it’s an italian manager because we’re lacking a lot of that crafty style, we’re too honest. The only player that goes down is Mudo and he’s no oscar winner. But any style is better than no style.

Rico must be consigned to the bench, or somewhere further away.

Shendm had it right identifying the problem of two 31-year-old wingers. Nolito is doing nothing but Navas might have some use as wing back.

I had it right all along with Rico, and Nzonzi is an enduring problem that few seem to recognize. I don’t favour abandoning Nzonzi, just changing a few things in his play.

Pareja is past history and I would imagine Carriço the same so Kjaer needs to step up to the mark.

If we had to suffer a big setback, then this is the best time while we’re forging the new team and team spirit. But the players are shell shocked and only a miracle will see us overcome Leganes in mid week.

2 Likes

He spent the first half on the left wing. In the second half, he swapped with Nolito and played more as a CAM/second striker, but even then they switched back and forth and he was on the left wing when he set up Sarabia before he was subbed.

So Nolito played CAM? Very weird then… experimenting gone wrong.

What happened today? 5-1 to Eibar is shameful

And Banega picked up his fifth yellow? Misses next la liga game…

Our defense was a joke throughout the season. Conceded 5 goals against: Spartak, RM, Betis, Eibar and 4 against Valencia. Not sure if it was ever worse since the Monchi era?

Think we need to move on from this today, from team selection to performances, it was shambles!
Chucking players in too many players without adapting to environment and system.
Not much more I can add except move on now and let’s get behind them all now and grab the opportunity to get to another final…i’ll be there!!

I’ll be there too. Wrap up warm it’s going to be a cold night on wednesday.

Yes, I know it will…we’ll be in the Europa bar or somewhere on that road for 1-2 before the game (I go with 2 other English fans) and go inside around 21:00

Could have got some reinforcements for the central defense you know, or play Mercado there. This is embarrassing.

1 Like

Mercado was suspended with yellows, otherwise he would’ve definitely started. My only hope is that Montella is not as stubborn as Berizzo and identifies the issues sooner rather than later. The issues are Pareja being inept at CB (still Kjaer much better) and Rico being an extreme liability that messes up the entire team’s confidence and motivation when he’s on the goal.

1 Like

Those guys need to be on Monchi’s Men too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We always end up at Bar Europa when we are there. Christin’s family lives in Santa Cruz (Calle Abadas) and that’s one of our stops along with Bar Estrella.

1 Like

I have already told them to sign up, i know 1 of them will for sure! :wink:

1 Like

sweet!