Alaves away - Match Comments

Fans flicking off our players. I mean i get it, but not a good look.

Fuck me what an awful coaching job.

How hard is it to recognize that this team needs Sarabia and Correa on the wings and Nzonzi on the fucking pitch? Two straight managers relying on a team completely lacking in pace and entirely reliant on Banega to do absolutely everything.

Lol right? But i think thatā€™s gonna be Mercadoā€™s best cross of the season. And Nolito still missed. So trashā€¦

Not sure that was directed to the players just frustrated with the performance on and off the pitch.

We had a chance to go level with Real Madrid in 4th place today, now we are looking over our shoulders and could drop further down the table soon

We need leadership on the pitch. That is totally lacking without Pareja or Carrico. Those players need to get back on the pitch urgently. What the hell is taking so long?

1 Like

Itā€™s not that weā€™re superior but disorganized, the bottom clubs are actually outplaying us in ball skills, position and possession, weā€™re a mess. I think Banega has been the biggest problem recently, always works his socks off, always makes good and bad passes, always loses possesion but usually heā€™s an assett to the team on balance. But not for the last few games.

Agreed 100% and this exactly is the sad reality. Lost hope in the management. This season is ruined already.

Well thatā€™s 4 games in now for the new coach and things are going from bad to worse. Keep this up and we will be looking at relegation.
Thereā€™s something seriously wrong with the attitude of some of our players, they look disinterested, plus Rico has gone from being deservedly on the brink of the national team last season to looking like a terrified school boy playing against the big boys for the first time.

We have lost our mojo big time.

2 Likes

How do we get it back?

I have no idea Chris. I had thought that maybe it was Berizzo that had upset the apple cart by leaving Nā€™zonzi out plus his constant rotations, but the attitude seems just as bad if not worse since his sacking. Does this team need some TLC or a big kick up the arse? Something is very wrong. Iā€™ve read rumours that certain players are complaining of having to do longer training sessions under Montella than they did with Berizzo. (my heart bleeds for them)

Maybe a tough match against a supposed rival in Atletico would wake these guys up to what ambition is supposed to look like.

I donā€™t have any hope in this season when the board hire Montella.
He is a joke.

1 Like

I donā€™t hold out much hope of getting anything from the copa games, avoiding an embarrassing defeat would be the best outcome

Anything less than a 5-0 defeat on Wednesday will be a bonus

1 Like

Regardless of how absurd it might sound, but I like the collective ā€˜pessimismā€™ as a sign of protest regarding the recent management decisions, starting from appointing Montella.

A coach that has his agent tell us that he accepted a ā€˜pay cutā€™ to come here, as this was a charity work or something, is never good to begin with.

Whatā€™s even worse, Montella wasnā€™t even that good of a player in his professional football career. Honestly, Inzaghi was much better, now do the math.

This club needs a good revamp. Moreover, it needs a long-term project starting from the 2018-19 season, with the hope that we are at least in EL.

Bring a serious manager, sell or loan out some players that do not deserve to wear this shirt, even sack Arias if necessary and bring in a serious long-term thinking sportive director who actually accepts blame and criticism and doesnā€™t end up saying something like: ā€œI donā€™t think itā€™s that bad to be honestā€ (Arias declaration summed up).

The right manager for Sevilla would first work to instilling tactical discipline within the team. The players need to be patient, just like Villarreal was against RM on Saturday. We need those counters of the Emery era urgently, canā€™t breathe without them. Counter attacking and exciting football is what made a lot of us here fall in love with Sevilla, so we sense it very well when that ā€˜mojoā€™ (as Brian says) is lost.

Also I really hope that someone from the management is reading our comments and having the best intentions in mind for the club. At the point that the club is in, mercenaries are not needed, rather people who give their all for the club and work hard to make it a big one.

If we donā€™t make the step to becoming a big club (close to Atletico at least), we will always remain the 4-th or 5th best team in La Liga and never achieve something big.

We the fans, all the Sevillistas around the world do not deserve it. We invested a lot of time and emotions into the club, so we want something back. Now of course, we donā€™t expect Sevilla to regularly fight for the La Liga title and regularly reach CL quarters and Semis, even the best clubs in the world sometimes do not reach that, however, seeing the players not interesting in playing and not fighting 100%, leaving their souls in the pitch, that is not what Sevilla is made of, most definitely not.

https://www.football-italia.net/115624/ultras-meet-montella-sevilla

interesting reports of clash between fans and montella and players this morning at the training ground

Iā€™ve heard it was more encouragement from Biris, but maybe not?

For sure Pippo was better. But were you really saying Simone Inzaghi was better? LOL

Simone is a terrific coach btw.

No no, Pippo!

Iā€™ve got a second dentists appointment for tomorrow at 7:30 not realising that Sevilla would be playing at 7:00.

The questions is, should I go ahead with the three fillings without anaesthetic or cancel the appointment to watch Sevilla?:open_mouth:

1 Like