2019 Summer Transfer Rumors

Lope is the worst of all…

Monchi has specified that the new manager will be spanish speaker with knowledge of la liga, that puts out half those on the rumour list, to me it’s looking like Javi Gracia.

Of course there’s rumours now that it might be Valverde after he gets sacked by Barça today.

But my pick would be Bordalás.

There’s a Police investigation (and arrests of footballers) into a load of fixed games by Huesca last season, and the Valladolid Valencia that ended season 18/19, there probably isn’t enough time to prosecute before season 19/20 but if they’re indicted it could affect Valencia’s Champions league place.

I would like Gracia too but he just signed a contract till 2023 in November so he’s in no hurry to leave, out of the managers left Valverde and Lopetegui seem likely but both need to prove themselves after less than satisfactory performances with their previous clubs, my expectations would be tempered and so will my anticipation of any incoming signings.

If it’s going to be a Spanish speaker with knowledge of the league, Luis Enrique fits the bill.

Enrique isn’t going to leave his Spain post to coach Sevilla though right?

Ultimately, the quality of squad will determine how well we do. I still feel Machín was a little hard done by Caparrós’ squad building. I hope he gets another chance to prove himself in the league.

Valverde might be a safe pair of hands. And he plays 4-4-2 which has always suited us. It might be a stable signing that helps us through this transitionary period. He proved not to have enough for an elite team, but he did still win the title. I think he’s better than most managers in the league.

Javi Gracia had a great start with Watford, but lost almost all the games vs the top 6 after the first few months. Another name that keeps reappearing is that of Rudi Garcia, who has just left Marseille. Might be decent, but i think his time has passed.

Whichever coach comes in will have an advantage due to Monchi’s scouting and negotiation skills. But which one of these guys is worthy?

It’s said Monchi has made his preference clear and it’s Lopetegui, ugh. The board are unconvinced, but Monchi either has the final say or a lot of influence.

I think Caparros did a decent job with what resources he had after Arias did a horror show last season; Muriel, Nolito and Arana were all costly purchases and signed long contracts.

Caparros signed Vaclik, Gomez, Mesa and Vidal were all bought under 10m which are hard finds nowadays. Gnagnon, Amadou and Promes were over 10m and didn’t really get a lot of chances to show what they were capable of, probably didn’t fit with Machin’s style, and I always thought Promes was a panic buy.

2 Likes

We been laughing at this guy since the WC debacle. I’m not gonna switch faces and pretend this will be the saviour.

So he’s coached Porto, Spain NT & Real Madrid. Ok, not many coaches can boast that CV. But what has he actually done there? I don’t have the answers in terms of his player development, but on face value shit looks ordinary.

Been sacked from all of them. Together with his jobs at Rayo & R Madrid Castilla

1 Like

Looks like we got our CB. Diego Carlos from Nantes

2 Likes

Anyone know anything about him?

We’ve been linked with him before but I’ve never seen him play.

The only thing I know about him is his sending off after being kicked by the ref.
He will do well against Mateu Lahoz.

Click “watch on youtube”

2 Likes

WTF!!!

1 Like

Pure humor!

I’ve seen this video before and it made me laugh, the ref should’ve given a yellow to himself as well, what a joke.

Lopetegui is official for 3 seasons. Not happy at all, but hopefully he’ll prove us wrong.

So we’ve got Dabbur and Carlos, so far so good, the next 8 or 9 signings will be decisive.

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, the referee was well punished for his utter incompetence.

So Liverpool says both Sturridge and Alberto Moreno are leaving. We have been linked to both in the past. Any interest?