2019 Summer Transfer Rumors

He has visited Seville for the derby. Reports say he’s been visiting even before that. Either he’s just paying visit to an old loyal friend in Monchi, or that loyalty is reaching the next step and they’re really preparing for the sequel in Seville.

Sitting here thinking… has anyone ever watched Pablo Alfaro and Javi Navarro play as a CB pair? Were they any good tactically or just brutal? Also, would such a pair be good for a modern Sevilla starting next season?

The latest debacle has got me thinking, due to the inflation in transfer fees we have tried to compete and spend big on several occasions in hopes of having quality players at our disposal. But since Monchi has left all our big-money acquisitions have been either middling (Amadou, Vidal, Kjaer, Promes before last night) to almost disastrous (Muriel, Mudo, Nolito).

This is enough to say that aside from some decent additions such as Vaclik, Gomez and Munir our forays into the market in the last four windows have been unacceptable. Coincidentally, the majority of these poor signings came after Monchi left (Mudo was signed by Monchi on request from Sampaoli) so I do hope we get a turnaround but the road is now tougher, 2 years of staying put has really been damaging while our rivals Valencia, Sociedad and Bilbao have accumulated some very decent quality in their ranks, heck even Betis have got some good players (I would love to get Lo Celso) so now it’s up to Monchi to play catch-up.

The only good news is that is we miss the CL we need to trim our wage budget as Jolazo stated in another thread, the 4th highest wage bill and 30m more than Valencia for such a bunch of mediocre to crap players is unacceptable, can’t wait to send most of these guys off.

Also would like to know your views on Rog, would he be worth another 20m plus punt? This could take up 1/3 of our upcoming transfer budget.

3 Likes

Rog for 20M+? no ******* way

4 Likes

Andre Silva is all but out of the club, he’s reports being injured but is probably building up his health and fitness levels in hopes Portugal will pick him for the league of nations in the summer.

2 Likes

Banega and Sevilla have unfollowed each other’s Instagram.
And there are rumors that Banega request 6M salary…

Hey Boca, come get ya boy!

Maybe we could get Nahitan Nández coming the other way.

What a moron…

He did himself no favors in the second half of the season and with this latest development he can well and truly piss off. I for one won’t be sad to see him go.

I agree, peace out Banega. We need leaders on this team and he is far from it. Hard to believe he wore the band once.

1 Like

According to France Football, we’re interested in Ramy Bensebaini of Rennes (Gnagnon’s former club.) 24yr old LB in the mold of Wöber, as he can also play at as CB. I can’t recall if this was a former target of Monchi or of Arias, but we were certainly linked to him in the past. His contract expires next year, so a deal could be of good value this summer.

2 Likes

Atleti is definitely gonna come in for Sarabia now

Yea, that move makes sense. CL football & yet again being snubbed for the national team.

Not bad, he and Vitolo can link up and be the ineffectual trio along with Correa.
People give credit to Atleti for their transfer dealings but the past 2-3 seasons have been disastrous. Lemar, Costa, Morata, Kalinic, Gamiero and Gelson Martins have failed to impress and this season it’s been the Greizmann show, without him Atleti are pretty much floundering.

We are also making moves, De Francesco is rumored as the leading candidate for the hot seat, while for players Cucurella (Eibar on loan from Barca) and Maxime Lopez (Marseille) are linked.

2 Likes

Muriel deal is going cold, oh dear, don’t want him back. We’ll probably have to find new homes for Corchia and Rico.

Regarding Atleti, I had an interesting discussion with a Betis fan, we both thought Simeone was a great manager but I also asserted that I wouldn’t want him at Sevilla because I don’t like his football.

But there’s a bit of an exodus going on and a lot of rebuilding to be done in the two main Madrid clubs. But I agree, Atleti might have trouble next season, but Felipe, Godin and JuanFran are well past sell by date.

It looks like Mercado isn’t going to be back. Mercado refused to go to Tanzania for the upcoming friendly siting rest days before national team duty. The club didn’t grant this rest because there are other national teamers that didn’t get the same luxury.

1 Like

If Mercado wants to stay he’ll pay the fine or suffer whatever consequences, If he doesn’t want to stay then he can go, I only want want players that are in it for the good days and the bad days.

1 Like

Can’t see Rico coming back, our current second goalkeeper is better.

Silva has gone.

1 Like

Sounds like Sevilla have decided to exercise the clause on Wöber. 10.5 million Euros

Latest news is that Monchi is interested in Real Madrid’s Marcos Llorente, could be a loan or permanent purchase. He also has his eyes on Gianluca Mancini, a 1.93m tall center back who played on Serie A surprise package Atalanta. He managed to score 5 goals in 21 appearances so could be promising.

Also, it’s said Monchi was absent from the shareholder’s meeting today to finalize the signing of our coach for 2019/2020. Given the limited options I’m guessing Lopetegui is the frontrunner, not a convincing appointment imo though.

1 Like