Transfer window (less than 3 weeks before closing)

Felipe Carballo is likely to play for Sevilla Atlético, or get loaned out. He doesn’t have an EU-passport either. Looks like an attacking midfielder with some talent. Looking forward to see how he develops in Europe.

Interesting to see who eventually arrives at LB. The papers are reporting that a deal is near between Sevilla & Bologna for Masina. At the same time, Arana’s price has seemingly dropped from €20M to €12M (perhaps cause he injured?); but he’s also without an EU-passport. So does that re-open the possibility of either Montoya or Ganso leaving? Corinthians keeps re-iterating that no one is for sale until their domestic season is over in December.

This Arana case seems quite weird and very risky to be honest. Paying that sum for a player who hasn’t proven himself in any European league would be a silly thing to even consider.

Masina is at least tactically superior to Arana, coming from a league with very tactical defending, moreover, being a starter in an average Serie A team is way better than a starter in an average Brazil league.

We need to be careful with the LB signing. Already 2 almost-closed deals fell off, so it shows that the management is serious about this and takes the opinions of others in consideration, however, they should act soon so that the new LB will have time to adapt in the schemes and all that before the match after the international break.

As for the CF, it would be good to have Jojo back. He has refused many offers lately, from Newcastle to Brighton, and even offers that suited Inter a lot financially, but hopefully we don’t make the same mistake as with Bacca. It’s still a shame how we never offered a loan with a buying option for Bacca, and then the reports were saying that Milan only wanted an obligatory option, Sevilla didn’t have money etc. Sevilla didn’t have 2 million for a loan fee? Come on… even Bacca stated today in an interview that there was never an official offer for him from Sevilla. A huge shame for the management as it would be a non-risk investment with a purchase option. Many what-ifs can be raised about this, so their only way to fix this huge mistake is to bring Jojo back and get this done with.

Yep, as Edinho mentioned, Carballo will be signed for Sevilla Atletico.

Krycho to West Brom wtf

As stupid as it could get. Krycho’s worst decision in his career so far, leaving Sevilla. Should serve as a lesson for N’Zonzi and others.

I don’t think Krycho really wanted to leave Sevilla? I remember him uploading a picture of him signing a contract extension till 2019 with us around the end of 2015, unless things really went south in 6 months I don’t think he wanted to leave. More like Emery getting P$G paying his release clause of 35m euros to join him and then finding that he doesn’t fit his philosophy.

As for N’zonzi, well if he really wants to leave and puts in another half-arsed performance a la Espanyol, I couldn’t care. Dump him and let him rot.

So the Spanish transfer deadline is Midnight Sept 1 whereas most of Europe is August 31. Portugal, somehow close on Sept 22 and there are half a dozen countries including Turkey and Republica Checa that close at various times during mid September.

This Okaka rumor is hilarious. Either be serious and get Batshuayi, or leave the CF spot alone already. What the hell could an ultimate flop like Okaka contribute, rather than potentially cause problems in the dressing room? Be serious for once dear management FFS!

1 Like

Berge and lucas Perez now on the menu, Sevilla are still beavering away for last minute signings.

Somebody’s gotta be leaving if we are trying to bring these guys in. Berge seems like Nzonzi insurance, but I don’t get the striker rumors. We paid 20m for Muriel and Ben Yedder isn’t leaving. There’s not enough playing time with the wing spots already two deep.

Lucas Perez still better than Okaka.

Okaka, I really really don’t want.

Carole has passed the medical.

If we buy two more players, and that’s asking a lot at this late stage, then as Jolazo says, someone has to go and I’m wondering if it might be Carriço with the late closing portuguese market.

ABC News (Orgullo de Nervion) published an article discounting the possibility of further signings and have changed it to not discounting further signing (I hate it when they do that) I really would like Berge.

Llorente? Berge? Okaka? Not sure what is going on but it seems that we’ll sign at least 1 more till 11:59 PM spanish time.

MuchoDeporte reports that the Berge signing won’t get done, so another option will be brought in. I guess Berizzo doesn’t want just any DM, but one that passes well, which makes this search a bit trickier. Hence, Krycho didn’t come here.

So just like the LB situation, where no deal can be agreed with the opposing team and we opted for another option on loan, Sevilla is now reportedly close to signing 24-year old Johannes Geis from Schalke on loan for €2M.

Don’t know who this guy is, as I do not watch the Bundesliga. But I’m glad we’re serious about addressing our defensive midfield.

Looks like we been busy and we doing great business this window. Looks like Nzonzi is staying too! Our midfield and defence will be stronger than last season. Still got good striking options too but we can maybe a striker in January too! Vamos Sevilla!

He’s certainly defensive-minded, but he has a reputation for putting in some horror tackles. Decent at distributing but he’s not great on the ball.

Geis deal is all locked up

Quite good… 2 alternative reinforcements, but perhaps well worth it. Will have to see who this Geis guy is, but nonetheless, it’s good that we have another DM for cover.

As for the striker, better wait till January than sign Okaka, cleverly done if we’ll sign someone in January (if necessary) or next summer altogether.

Not bad business after all when thinking about it.