2 Likes
2 Likes

@ChrisLail @Edinho @Jolazo @jolazo1

Your thoughts on all of this?

2 Likes

@Rene1 @Rene1 @Joshboyle14 ?

1 Like

Unfortunately that is accurate.

What I meant is that this would make the damage of the corruption over the years practically irreversible.

You guys remember my friend who was trolling? He said he’s considering becoming a Villarreal fan (he likes them as a team) if Barça join the ESL.

Even with the corruption over the years football still has been enjoyable to watch but putting all the big boys in the same league will really just ruin everything

3 Likes

I haven’t really thought any much about it, until this night.

I realized that if these clubs hoard money, the prices for good players will dramatically increase, causing the worst inflation the sport has seen.

This will utterly destroy smaller clubs, because they won’t be able to afford players. The fact that Perez says it will be good thing for all teams is absolutely disgusting when he obviously hasn’t thought it through, in fact, there’s only one thing on his mind, money.

Not to mention his proposal for shorter games, to make it “less boring”. This won’t become some elite competition, it will become some corny game which will eventually have more commercial breaks than game time. This is turning European football into the NFL. I wouldn’t mind as much if he made 12 or so brand new teams, but no, these are 12 of some of the most historical clubs in Europe. This is an absolute disgrace to the sport, and must be stopped at all costs.

Also, every participating club should instantly be banned from domestic competition, because if they receive billions, as planned by the ESL, it will totally wreck their leagues, creating a gap that has never been seen before. We need to say no to this Oligarchic disaster that is the ESL.

As I have already said, this will totally wreck the financial situation for these clubs, and more importantly the other clubs. Clubs will go bankrupt. We must not let the ESL get money, and sure, it’s inevitable that they will get a fair bit, but we must rid them of as much money as possible. Hopefully people realize that games between the same big clubs every week isn’t fun.

I don’t see what’s entertaining about the same clubs playing every week, it will get old. This overly capitalistic way of thinking by Perez. Only thinks about money. Not to mention that he is quite the idiot. His club should be given more because it also helps smaller clubs? Absolutely not. Sure, smaller clubs might have “more” money, but the value will be less due to the inevitable hyperinflation this will cause.

Say no the the super league, it is a thorn in the world of football. A disgrace, a fucking disgrace, I might add. We must not allow Perez and the rest of the people behind this get away with this. Fuck Perez and fuck the Super League.

6 Likes

Perez doesn’t give a shit about smaller clubs. All well and good saying stuff like that but all he is interested in is making himself and Real Madrid richer.

1 Like

@Brian ?

1 Like

They might not want to pitch in :grin: at this moment

2 Likes

:scream:

1 Like

Someone has reallocated every La Liga title without the three traitor clubs included. :sweat_smile:

El Decano next season boys! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

4 Likes

That’s actually brilliant :joy:

1 Like

They are a bit deflated at the moment but nevertheless they had gotten to be obscene. Still can’t can’t get my head round the fact that Messi is close to 33% of the Barcelona wages bill.

This is a very good point because Spanish football association regulate the wages of the clubs to keep them within bounds of profitability. It’s easy to imagine the complications that might arise in la liga if they had no control or visibility of the other inputs.

This is a flat out lie by Perez but I get the feeling he’s more worried about Barcelona going tits up and destroying their cosy hegemony in la liga and jaunts in the Champions league.

It all points towards an impossible proposition that will not work. Can you imagine la liga ceding midweek space for an alternative league ? I can’t.

I would advise la liga to tread carefully though. I don’t like talk of banning players or restrictive practices even though they’re illegal under present laws.

2 Likes

… stupid question deleted

1 Like

I often thought about SuperLeague scenarios cause i knew this would happen sooner or later. I don’t have any issues with the format, as it is very interesting. But it makes no sense how these teams automatically qualify for it. It says everything when they’re relying on SIX Prem teams, cause they want the money they’ll bring with it. This could easily be a new Champions League, with the best of the best, but they’re worried their teams wouldn’t be up to task year after year to qualify for it and have other teams get a taste of that 3.5B.

Is it so hard to invite the top 3 from the Top 5 leagues, and then the other 5 slots could go to the Champions of subsequent leagues? Instead, they want Spurs & Arsenal to fill those spots.

I don’t know what’s worse… Juan Cala speaking for all of Spanish football saying there’s no racism here, or Flo Perez saying they need this league cause they’re in such a dire financial situation?

3 Likes

Also, I guess i’ll have to concede @ChrisLail, we just might win the league after all! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A lot of reports that clubs want to pull out, only with Uncle Flo and some clubs (perhaps Juve too) still resisting. The ESL project seems to be dead, at least for now. Let’s see what happens next - there could be surprises.

Apparently it’s falling apart already. Chelsea and Man City want out. Apparently so do Barca and Atletico. Credit to them clubs if true for realising how selfish and idiotic they been.

The rest still in it and it seems this super league is being led by Real Madrid and man United. No respect for them owners at all.

1 Like

Juve one of the leaders too. Shameful from them to support this initiative through Agnelli only when they know they can’t do anything in Serie A this season and other teams like Atalanta and Napoli are getting stronger every year, risking their ‘reign’ in the future.

1 Like

Oh yes you right I forgot about juve. They have no shame either.