Sevillista sere hasta la muerte

I began to follow Sevilla from about 2003/04. This was due to the game Football Manager believe it or not.

Up until that point I didn’t really have a favourite Spanish team although I always had a soft spot for Depor due to my sister living near A Coruña in the late nineties/early naughties.

From then on in I grew attached to Sevilla. Then of course came the glory years of Juande Ramos when for a while they were arguably the best team in Spain. It’s a tragedy of football that they didn’t win la Liga in 2006/2007.

What really cemented my affection for Sevilla was the UEFA cup final of 2007 in my hometown of Glasgow. I spent the day of the final in the city and couldn’t believe the number and noise of the sevillastas. Even the rain couldn’t dampen their spirits.

5 Likes

Nice @Jazzer and welcome to Monchi’s Men! I love all of these stories.

2 Likes

Depor are my second team in Spain. Their team in the 90’s is the stuff of cult classic legend, so I’ll always have a soft spot for them.

2 Likes

Sevilla’s anthem and the atmosphere of Sanchez Pizjuan may be the primary reason that attracted me to the club. It gives me the goosebumps. The affection of the fans is just incredible.

The field at Sanchez Pizjuan has unique lay out. I don’t know if it’s the camera angle but watching Sevilla at it’s home on TV feels like you are right at the stadium. Ňo other stadium gives me the same sense. And the main white Jersey with black socks also adds to the uniqueness. İt’s a joy to watch.

The logo also looks eyecandy to me. Like the rest of La Liga logos it had its own personality. Absolutely beautiful…

The club has huge potential if it’s been managed properly. They have great prospects to challenge RM and Barca if they plan to do so. Sevilla must level up from being an UEFA League legend to a Champions League contender.

5 Likes

The great Liverpool manager Bill Shankly said “football isn’t a matter of life or death, it’s more important”

Also said “If Everton were playing in my back garden, I’d draw the curtains”

1 Like

Oh I know, but Bill was wrong. There are more important things than football. That’s why we went with Arrigo.

To be fair, you can’t blame him for the Everton comment :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like