Sevilla vs Rayo Vallecano: Matchday 34

Ben Yedder has to score here

1 million euro buy! Great business.

Well Ben Yedder shoots but it rebounds to Munir, 3-0

That counter attack today is working great today! 3-0 Munir with a brace!

Nah ah… not this time VAR. Don’t mess with our boy Wissam.

1 Like

Might get that definitive result I was wishing for, thank you WBY.

I wound back the tv and it looked offside to me but there ya go.

Rog replaces Mudo, 4-0

Get Mr. Gil a goal!!!

your wish comes true

1 Like

YES!!!

2 Likes

La Liga were just remembering Navas’ 1st goal 15 years ago, and now Bryan scores his 1st. :grin:

3 Likes

Why make 3 changes and leave Banega on while he’s on a yellow card?

Munir shows his class, apart from the workrate and the occasional great shot he has much more in his repertoire. Rog looks the real deal, great going forward and solid in the centre.

Promes can only get better, same with Bryan Gil.

The future looks promising.

Today Banega was exceptional, Navas, Mercado and Carriço flawless, Roque Messi close to his best level, WBY continues to be a guarantee of goals, Vidal more than adequate with his contribution in the second half.

Our goalkeeper Vaclic didn’t make a decent save, but he’s forgiven under the circumstances.

Mudo a bit eccentric in his play the only downside.

2 Likes

Good job from the team. 4 finals remaining, bring on Girona!

2 Likes

Still not sure about Munir. Even Vietto looked good with weaker teams. Munir might be a good sub though now that Dabbur is on his way to the club. Munir, Dabbur and WBY… do we need 1 more striker?

Nope if we keep WBY.

1 Like

Bryan Gil is the first player to score in la liga having been born in Century 21.

Betis lose by 4, Sevilla win by 5, Valencia lose, good week, now awaiting Getafe to lose against Madrid.

2 Likes

Good second half. But Rayo were very poor.
I thought at half time we just need a goal and the flood gates will open and so they did. Fantastic performance by Munir for his 2 goals, great to see Ben Yedder end his lean spell and Promes finally score again.
The icing on the cake was Bryan getting his first for us, this kid so reminds me of Messi when he first started playing for Barca. Mark my words, he is going to be something special. Make the most of him for now because we all know Sevilla will not be able to hang on to him for too long before someone makes an offer that can’t be refused.
I agree with Tim the only downside was Mudo yet again. How he keeps getting in the starting 11 is a mystery to me. He looks half dead after 5mins of play, can’t run, takes an age to decide who to pass to, then when challenged by a defender simply falls over.
He surpassed himself tonight though by his head meeting a lovely floated cross that just needed a touch towards goal, only for the ball to actually knock him over onto his arse.

Shame r madrid let us down against Getafe.

2 Likes

Gil really need a haircut…

1 Like

I had plenty of doubts about Munir, I saw him as another Konoplyanka or Cheryshev, good players but not likely to enter the Sevilla hall of fame, I’ve changed my opinion, I’m convinced with all his talents, he’ll be a legend.

Regarding Bryan Gil, I’m reading that Sevilla have increased his clausula to €35m,big mistake, the first comment under the article suggests €100m is more realistic.

I heard on the radio that Banega has more yellows than any other footballer in the top flight of European leagues, so I decided to look it up, couldn’t find the article but sure enough he does register as leading yellow card merchant in the Spanish league. There are also 3 more Sevilla players on the list of top 50 card eaters, Carriço, Mercado and Vazquez. The list is notable for the absence of Real Madrid players. This is what so annoys me about the Spanish league referees.

Regarding Real Madrid players availability, I think there will be a massive clearout there during the Summer, take your pick, personally I’d prefer to stay away from ex Madrid players. But it’s likely to kick-start the transfer market into a frenzy and the best buys might emerge later when some clubs have spent their money.

Also, in the final games, Valencia and Getafe have got it easy unfortunately, Sevilla will have to win everything.

2 Likes

Maybe someone should send this to Lahoz

atmhand

2 Likes