Sevilla vs Leganes: Matchday 36

Bryan on for Rog 70’

Bryan hits the crossbar 78’

As good as Bryan is in the final third, he’s that much worse in the back half. A give away leads to Leganes third. Sevilla is losing to Leganes at home by a three goal margin. Let that sink in.

Wow. Humiliated by Leganes at home in a must win match. I honestly can’t thought of that!

1 Like

No threat. No tactics. Run like headless chicks. Can’t control the ball even opponent gave us.
It’s exactly what a mediocre team plays like.

I’m embarrassed to wear the kit to the bar tonight even though there is no one there that will even give me shit.

I suggest Castro to step down IMMEDIATELY.

Not a good showing by the Biris in leaving early. I get that Sevilla didn’t show up today, but you don’t fucking quit as a supporter’s group.

For tonight only, I agree with Biris decision. I’m pissed by the performance of the team and beaten by a mediocre team completely while the players play pretty hard. Huge disappointment.
I’m wondering why we’re so strong at 1st half of the season,
It’s either Andre Silva or Machin’s magic.

Damn, should i even watch this? :woozy_face:

No… spare your precious 2 hours for something else, it was horrible.

Bryan Gil MOTM!

at least he has a shot actually threaten Leganes keeper unlike anyone else.

1 Like

I agree with the Biris too. Without them we would never have gotten to this point because there were several games this year when they helped push the players to wins when the team was dragging ass. This is what the squad gives in return? Valencia and Getafe have to play against teams fighting relegation and we played like absolute garbage at home against a team with nothing to play for. I can only imagine what Atletico is going to do to us next week…

At least we don’t have to worry about the club making an emotional decision to keep Caparrós.

There’s gonna be a lot of player turnover this summer. For the first time in a while, we had the 4th highest wage bill in Spain. More than 30m more than Valencia. Not qualifying for CL will necessitate moving some high earners (Banega, Kjaer, Mudo)

Didn’t watch the game due to time differences and I’m almost glad I didn’t. From what you guys have said it’s probably atrocious but was it down to tactics or the team simply not wanting to play at all.

I just know that Mesa and Promes had games to forget and Ben Yedder has not been himself for the last month or so. I also read that Leganes has one of the tallest squads in the league so sending on Mesa Rog and Mercado might not have been the ideal strategy, Gonalons and Kjaer could hold their own in aerial battles but the latter hasn’t been seen in months.

Wow, didn’t watch the game also. I am so glad I didn’t, this is embarrassing.

I don’t want us to play any Europa competition now, we should focus on our team on summer and
thoroughly clean our squad. Don’t forget that we are one of the oldest teams in La Liga.

Also, I am not a Spaniard, but I would like for team to rely on some domestic players, there are bunch of good players with expired contract in Eibar, Levante, Leganes, Espanyol … I don’t like bringing some players and wait for them to adapt for one whole season.

For the coach, I don’t know, maybe Di Francesco or Blanc.

I can’t even criticize Sevilla, I know some players were woefully below their normal level, but the season has been quite tragic with injuries and even at this point, where we are starting to recover most of the injured players, Caparros had little choice but to put out a frankenstein starting 11.

We couldn’t shove Nolito in, he hasn’t had any preparation, Caparros was reluctant to put Gonalons on because it was too early to risk him, Silva has been at the point of return for a month but still not quite right. Gagnon was quite nifty before the last injury, disaster.

Yes, but whose fault is so many injured players !?

Sevilla’s stuff.

Bad trainings, players are poorly physically prepared, why other top clubs do not have those problems ?

Our players are not paper made.

Injuries are bad luck except perhaps Gonalons who has careless legs that flap around all over the place. But also the timing, Nolito had just started to perform, had his best game in 15 months and then tragedy, broken leg, maybe he collided with Gonalons in training.

Gagnon started poor and gradually got up to speed then injured
Silva started great and gradually got worse, then injured.
Amadou started OK and proved he could also play in defence, then injured, nothing serious but never able to regain his place.
Escudero, quite poor this season since his elbow dislocation.
Unfortunately, Banega didn’t get injured enough.
It’s mainly luck.

1 Like