Sevilla vs Leganes: Matchday 36

We get an unusual Friday night game this week for our beloved Sevilla Futbol Club against a pretty good Leganes team. After our humiliating 1-0 defeat at Girona this weekend where we saw Banega lose his mind, Sevilla finds themselves in the exact same position in the table as Getafe and Valencia both lost. Will the boys get inspired and take care of business at home this week? We see the return of Nolito (what a recovery!), Gonalons and Mercado to the list of 18. Who do you think gets the start?

3 Likes

I’d like to see …

Vaclic
Gomez, Mercado, Gnagnon
Navas Promes
Gonalons Rog
Sarabia WBY Munir

As long as Mudo doesn’t play it’s all good.

Other than that, we really need the 3 points tomorrow. Can’t rely on luck anymore and will have to finish the business ourselves!

3 Likes

I would bet money that Mudo starts, especially with Banega being suspended. I don’t think Caparros will risk making two changes in central midfield even though I’d prefer literally anyone else instead of Mudo.

2 Likes

Are we still doing the three back system?

Now that Max Gonalons’ back we’ll probably see something like this:

Vaclík
Navas - Mercado - Gómez - Escudero
Sarabia - Mesa - Gonalons - Promes
WBY - Munir

Quincy has to start from now on, no question. He came on last week and was an instant danger. That only last 5min cause he was switch off LW to make way for Bryan, and that move killed us off.

I won’t get to watch this game live, but this is a must win. Any dropped points here, and it’s truly over. Vamos muchachos!

1 Like

You’ve almost got it… only Rog for Gonalons. Starting in such a must-win match at home after a while on the sidelines would probably not be good for Gonalons. While we’re at it, shall we make an offer for him at the end of the season? My opinion is not, although he probably deserves at least one more season with us having made a couple of heroic comebacks during this one.

1 Like

No Mudo! Never been happier to eat my words.

He’s so injury prone; I would say no.

defense starts pretty shaky 2 minutes in.

What the actual fuck? En-Nesyri with a good goal after a terrible give away by Promes. Defense couldn’t recover.

Promes with a cross into the stands. Terrible 10 minutes for him.

0-2 What the hell is wrong with this team?

Leganes time wasting in minute 30 :frowning:

Early sub off 38’ Mesa off Gonalons on

Not sure if that was injury related or tactical? He did lose the ball 7 times, so I think tactical.

Unless a miracle happens, we’ll be on EL for 2019-20. However, I’m now fearing that we’ll lose the 7th position as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like Mudo is coming on for someone.Not sure who yet.

Promes is the one. He was garbage in the first half.

1 Like

Vaclik with the game saver there in the 49’.