Sevilla vs Lazio: UEL Round of 32 (2nd leg)

Golazo! What a move finished off by Sarabia! 2-0

1 Like

This is our tourny!!! 2-0 Sarabia on the board after great work by him and Navas.

Marko Rog Alert! Itā€™s taken this long for another CM!

1 Like

Roque was very good today imo!

2 Likes

First off, the referee was too incompetent for this kind of match. That was a silly yellow on Mudo, but Mudo did it again just like vs. Juventus, risking a lot and letting us down when we need it most. Then the referee tried to make it up by sending Marusic off hilariously. If he wanted to send any of the Lazio players off he shouldā€™ve done so with Sergejā€¦ a very filthy player.

Anyway, I still think it was Machinā€™s fault for letting Mudo roam around for that long. Mudo shouldā€™ve been subbed for Amadou (good call by Chris) very early in the second half, at the 50-55th minute or so, 60+ was too long already. Perhaps he shouldā€™ve been subbed at 45th minute, simply didnā€™t offer anything and was asking for another yellow all day, Machin shouldā€™ve seen that, it was too obvious.

As for the tie, we were nothing spectacular in both of the matches vs. Lazio, however, we played bravely and we resembled Atletico a lot in these two specific matches. Not sure if it was Lazio being too weak and allowing us to beat them in both matches and give the impression that we could beat them again and again in any given day, or weā€™re another team with the right mindset. Vaclik was immense with a couple of crucial saves there and the whole team except Mudo did quite well. Mudo tried, but heā€™s definitely not comfortable in that role.

Also, Rog wasnā€™t that catastrophically bad to only make his debut in the last 10 minutes tonight. Hopefully he is given more and more playing time as he showed quite some fighting spirit which we need in the midfield. I would like to see a trio of Mesa, Rog and Amadou for once, it would be a rock solid midfield, less creative but braver and more physical presence which is very important in certain matches.

Letā€™s take revenge against Barca nowā€¦ if Messiā€™s not on GOD MODE!

2 Likes

Just give us the frickin cup now, you all know weā€™ll win it.

6 Likes

Betis out of EL. Sevillistas setting off Rockets to celebrate in my district which is very Betis, ha ha.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been talking shit to the family too. haha

2 Likes