Sevilla v Villarreal: Week 24

Dicen que nunca se rinde

2 Likes

Navas off?

Navas & Mudo off for Sarabia & WBY.

I don’t understand this manager sometimes.

1 Like

How did Gil not even make the team today? He made such a difference last match.

Away games have become bi-weekly charity matches where we gift away 3 pts.

3 Likes

Completely dominated in midfield. Sarabia aside, no creativity. Unfortunately, the chances fell to Munir and Silva.

Shit

Wrong approach of the game = wrong mindset + wrong formation

Munir was a wrong choice from the beginning. He should’ve been loaned with a purchase option or similar, now we’ll have to loan him out or sell him in the summer window. I can’t imagine a serious team with him in it.

Now we’re getting humiliated by the likes of Villarreal, who with all due respect to their solid team (on paper) are still fighting to avoid relegation.

#MachinOut for me

1 Like

They were 3 months without a vitory, we gave them one

1 Like

Need a big victory on Wednesday for sure, or the drumbeat for Machin’s head will be not be muffled.

Thought Real would be the chumps for this week as they lost 2-1 at home to Girona but no we just had to trump them by giving Villarreal their first win in months.

I like Munir but he should not have started this game, yes he got chances but WBY clicks with the rest of the team, Mudo wasn’t assertive enough and Promes should not be on the left. The most frustrating part is we always start games timidly and try to pass it around with no apparent gameplan. Villarreal were aggressive and direct from the start, we need that. And why has Rog not played? Is this another occurrence of this being a director of football signing that the manager hates?

This abject result leaves us just 2 points ahead of Getafe in the battle for top 4, and our next game is against Barca. Given how well we started the season top 4 is the minimum for me; yes Machin got the better of most teams by playing 352 with little defensive cover but now teams are adapting. I would not like to sack him just yet but he is doing himself no favors here, the other question is that if we are to replace him, who do we go for?

2 Likes

I think I’m starting to get sick of the 3 at the back system since Sampaoli. I’d rather stick to a solid 4-4-2 or similar and pack it with some fighters that have a lot of stamina mixed with consistency, they don’t need to be Ronaldinho’s, productivity is key.

By some miracle we are still in 4th place, but this result could easily see us down to 5th or 6th after next weeks games.
Got to agree with keepingitrealistic. We need to play more aggressively and more direct, we need to go at teams from the start the way we did for the last ten mins against Eibar.
We have started playing far too slowly and look very lethargic in the midfield and attack, maybe it’s time for Bryan to get a start and speed things up a bit?
I thought Wobber played well on his debut against Levante, however he was poor against Eibar and absolutely terrible last night. I hope he’s dropped from the squad for Wednesday.
I’m sick of shouting for Silva to shoot, why is he always looking for that last pass when he has a clear sight on goal?
I don’t want to see Machin sacked just yet but his time is fast running out if things don’t improve over the next few games. I read this morning that we are 2points worse off than we were at this stage last season under Montella!

Something else worth pondering
Girona with Machin
Real Madrid 6-3 Girona
Barcelona 6-1 Girona

Girona without Machín:
Real Madrid 1-2 Girona
Barcelona 2-2 Girona

3 Likes

28txk3n

1 Like

We should at least see out the season with Machín. It feels like something Valencia would do to sack him, and even they haven’t let Marcelino go. We’re still in 4th, but with massive games ahead. It’s getting heated, now with teams only 1 pt (!) behind us.

Take care of Lazio first. In the past we had difficulty with Athletic in the Copa & EL when we won the 1st leg. Playing at home is a plus, but Machín needs to find a solution with the midfield.