Sevilla Players Called up for International Matches

Didn’t have the chance due to some security stuff prior to the match, some Czech fans tried to disrupt the game: Eight Czech fans arrested over plans to fly drone at Kosovo Euro 2020 qualifier | Kosovo | The Guardian

I don’t mind that our players are ignored, if they have ambition they will try harder, and there’s nothing worse than having your best players return injured from international games. By the same token, I wouldn’t want to erase their ambitions of playing for their nation and I’m totally delighted for Navas who at this moment seems unquestionable in his role in the national team.

2 Likes

Lucas Ocampos!!! Good goal against Germany late.

Ocampos in his first game, wow.

Gotta say tho, that was some trash defending from Germany. Sucks for Ter Stegen after he did all that talking. :joy:

Yeah that defense was Swiss cheese at the end.

Lmao De Jong scores the winner for the Netherlands in stoppage time, in the most De Jong way possible. :joy:

But Lope might see this as good news and have a reason to play him. :unamused:

3 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ha ha. The ball comes off his shin, up into the air and then he needs to support himself with the post to get it over the line

1 Like

Can’t recall a goal as bad as that, but Lope will be over the moon. His starting place for the next game is all but confirmed.

2 Likes

Vaclik just saved a one on one. Wonders never cease during this International break. :scream:

3 Likes

This International break suckkks. Can we just get back to league play already! :slight_smile:

Totally agree! Bored now.

For me it has become almost the opposite. My national team is doing very well and the club of my heart is doing… what they do best - getting humiliated by top opposition and failing to show signs of a serious team, still. La Liga has become dreadful to watch because of this, we simply cannot make use of a certain situation, like beating a wounded RM or Barca.

Hopefully things will change for the better, but I highly doubt it with this stubborn coach.

The international matches are boring and also slim on pickings on the betting front. I’ve given up on handicaps and concentrate my efforts on hi/lows and even then these national teams can fail me.