Sevilla FC vs Bilbao (Third game in a week 2nd Leg of Copa)

Lineup:
Soriano
Mercado
Carriço
Gnagnon
Aleix Vidal
Roque Mesa
Amadou
Franco Vázquez
Promes
Munir
Ben Yedder

Looking good here in the first half. Defiantly the better squad.

Girona just tied it up in Madrid and will be moving on if it stands.

1 Like

Yup, Atletico is out

Vidal has been good so far imo. Good to have him back.

Gil getting 20 minutes of run today!

Mesa off with a knock and Banega on.

Mercado gets caught and a fantastic goal from Bilbao makes the last 12 minutes interesting.

Well a loss at home and the second loss in a week to AB, but we still move on. Decent game and it took a great goal to beat our defense today. On to the quarters!

1 Like

Let’s get on with the quarters draw already.

1 Like

thoughts on Bryan Gil from tonight? I thought he made an impact in his 20 minutes.

I thought Bryan Gil did very well, I can see this kid becoming a great asset in the future.

Thoughts on Bryan Gil?

He’s simply amazing. Needs a clausula of €500m now. No different to the Messi that came on late for Barcelona in our SuperCopa victory in Monaco, 12 years ago.

If Sevilla try to body-build up his stature then all bets are off.

As for last nights game, I said ‘the last thing we need now is that the Maestro Banega comes on’, two minutes later he came on, and two minutes later it was 0-1.

Before that, Sevilla were refreshingly different, created a lot, could have scored a few goals easily, everyone working and without becoming tired (except for Vazquez), then … the maestro enters, waving his arms around, telling everyone where to pass except to him, he’s got an attitude problem that is causing us problems. Also, Sarabia entered with an attitude and was shooting when a simple pass was the order of the day.

Mudo, my verdict is that he tires too much because he is working too much, he is the violinista and needs to do what Messi does, pace his game intelligently.

I give all the players 8/10 perhaps more for Amadou, with a special mention for Vidal who seems to have stepped up a level.

Sevilla really need a dead ball player, the last half-decent we had was Rakitic and before that Duda. All our dead balls, corners and free-kicks are very average.

Bardhi!!!

1 Like

Hahahha… my father immediately said he resembles Cruyff.

Time will tell, but he looks promising if he can build some mass later on.