Sevilla FC - NK Maribor - Champions League Group Match 2

26 shots, 11 on goal!

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes he knows where the net is vs. the likes of Maribor. Not enough to be an undisputed starter at Sevilla. It’s a pity that WBY gets all the tap-ins, penalties and all the good passes. Not to take anything from him, I like an on-form WBY, but Muriel hasn’t had the same treatment. Muriel needs to start in matches vs. weaker teams to get the goals and have more confidence, not only start in some away matches or very tough ones like vs. Atletico, or start too late like in the one vs. Liverpool when WBY was clearly not doing anything worthy bar that gifted tap-in.

Not fair to Muriel, the guy needs the easy goals, WBY can’t have them all, that’s my pov on this. In the meantime, it’s always good to have a healthy competition between the two strikers, and if both are in a good form, then that’s great for the team.

1 Like

I agree with what you say mate. Muriel has not had the same treatment. Hopefully he starts against Malaga on Saturday and can bag a couple of goals. I like both but in different ways, I think they can both shine for Sevilla this season!

1 Like

Now 4 points vs Spartak, another 3 vs. Maribor at the end and it will be enough to top the group I guess, regardless of what we do vs. Loserpool.

Fantastic result! Great team performance and we never let up! We looked great in attack and created lots of chances. WBY took his chances well and the his team mates helped him out.

Corchia was awesome going forward, Escudero was great again. The central pairing of lenglet and pareja were solid too.

Nzonzi, mudo and banega worked well together. Plus nolito did well on his return as well. It’s amazing how many options we have. We may have lost to atletico but I see an exciting season ahead. We have a great squad and I think they will only get better overtime. Now on to destroying Malaga!

1 Like

Reckon we can win all our home games! A draw in Moscow, would be decent! I think we can get 14 points from 18, we should win in Maribor. A draw at home to Liverpool wouldn’t be bad but I think we can beat them. If Moscow can hold them to a draw then I think we can go a step further,

Vamos Sevilla!

What do Cristiano and WBY have in common? Both have 4 goals so far in CL!

Doesn’t Ben Yedder have six, or doing the qualifying rounds not count?

Ben Yedder’s Twitter is the best.

I thought the same, but unfortunately they don’t count.

image Biri Biri at the game

1 Like

3-0 is a great result. And the fact Liverpool drew makes it better. What was with the 9-10 mins of added time for that game? Anyone know?

At least with yedder we know if you get him in a scoring position he will score. He also creates goals by getting into the right positions. Muriel hasn’t been as good at this in my opinion and he has missed a couple of easy chances.

Very different players though and hard to compare. Great to have versatility as long as we make the right game day selections this works in our advantage.

2 Likes