Sevilla Atlético and Sevilla Academy News

great response! header off a corner. 3-1. huge

3 Likes

why is it the house of jesus navas? shouldn’t it be antonio puerta? weird that its named after a current player, no?

2 Likes

that move by Perez to win the corner! Kid is quick.

5’ - Capitas (didn’t see this one)
57’ - Isaac Romero (3 on 1 counter with Alvarez leading the break and got the assist)
77’ - Xavi Sintes (Corner)

3 Likes

Isn’t it crazy to think that Manu Bueno literally just played a full match and within 20ish hours, he’ll be sitting on the bench of the Sanchez Pizjuán as a substitute. God forbid we would ever need him off the bench…

2 Likes

I believe the academy is named after Puerta.

It is a little strange, but I mean he’s the definition of this club right? Or at least what we use to be.

2 Likes

i see. makes more sense if Puerta is getting his tribute elsewhere in the system. would’ve felt a glaring omission if not.

but yes, obviously Navas is the exemplar of what the system hopes to produce as well.

1 Like

much better than the house of sergio ramos, that’s for sure.

4 Likes

awesome. third win in a row and 9 consecutive points.

now if only the senior squad could try and do something similar.

ref running around and handing out some post match red cards?

3 Likes

Did SAT change managers mid season this year already? I can’t remember…

1 Like

So with this victory, Sevilla Atlético is now in almost the exact position of SevillaFC: an inch north of 1 point per game average, hanging right on that bubble between relegation/not, and with another team from across town having a much better season in the same league. Bizarre little parallels. Hopefully both are on the up and up.

Not related to SAT, but glad to see Elche take a point from their match today, only because it is two less points for Valladolid, who we’ll almost surely need to pass to stay up this spring.

3 Likes

granada B up next. surely a tough one with granada on the fringes of promotion playoff.

1 Like

The team are starting to find some form now at the right time. Only 2 points off safety at the moment. That was about 9 a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Sevilla C won 1-0 against Coria.

1 Like

I’d like to try and keep the list of our “top line” youngsters out on loan up to date at least every couple of weeks if I can do here goes…

Alfonso Pastor - Games 24, Conceded 18, Clean Sheets 11. (Castellon - 3rd Tier) - Goalkeeper.

Juanlu Sanchez - Games 26, Goals 1, Assists 1. (Mirandes - 2nd Tier) - RB / RM.

Antonio Zarzana - Games 5, Goals 0, Assists 0. (Numancia - 3rd Tier) - Winger.

Pedro Ortiz - Games 4, Goals 0, Assists 0. (Vizela - Portuguese 1st Tier) - CM. (Ironically they Won the only game Pedro started, then he was dropped to the bench again the next game! :roll_eyes:).

Luismi Cruz - Games 24, Goals 3, Assists 4. (Barcelona B - 3rd Tier) - Winger

Kike Salas - Games 1, Goals 0, Assists 0. (Tenerife - 2nd Tier) - CB. (Currently injured).

Jose Angel Carmona - Games 9, Goals 1, Assists 0. (Elche - La Liga) - RB / CB (yet weirdly Elche seem to mainly be using him as a Right Mid!!!).

Ivan Romero - Games 25, Goals 3, Assists 3. (Tenerife - 2nd Tier) - Striker.

What I kind of establish from these stats so far is…

Alfonso is a capable keeper, but I do worry about his confidence especially at the highest level. Having said that… He is a much better goalkeeper than Alberto Flores who is usually our second keeper on the bench this season, that kid scares the shit out of me on a regular basis.

I think Juanlu, Luismi Cruz and Ivan Romero are pretty much what I thought, decent young players, but probably unlikely to ever make the push for the First Team unless we get really desperate due to financial constraints next year.

Pedro Ortiz is getting valuable experience before a push for the first team, just need his team to actually play him first and foremost.

Zarzana remains a bit of an enigma. For such a talented lad, clubs like Maritimo and Numancia playing at lower levels don’t seem to want to take a chance on him.

I think the club hold Kike Salas in high regard and he could be a first team third of fourth choice Centre Back, but he needs playing time, sadly he is currently injured. And as for Jose Angel, I don’t know what to say about him to be honest… I’ve always been open that I don’t think he was even the best RB at SAT, and whenever I saw him play CB he was always dreadful. I think he should count himself lucky he has made as many first team appearances for Sevilla as he has, and I’d hope the club can move on from him so he doesn’t block the path for players I think are more fitting like Kike Salas and Valentino Fattore.

2 Likes

Sevilla Atlético’s next three games are…

Away to CR Granada (Granada B)
Home vs FC Cartagena B
Away vs Mar Menor

1 Like

Sevilla C’s next three games are…

Home vs Ciudad de Lucena
Away vs Ayamonte
Home vs Ceuta B

I haven’t really seen anything online, and I don’t have social media so I’m intrigued if anyone has seen anything but I noticed a few regular players for SAT (who’s contracts are up at the end of the season) seem to have been frozen out of the team this year.

Adrian Gonzalez (Goalkeeper)
Adri Peral (Centre Mid)

Sevilla Atlético players out of contract this Summer:
Adrian Gonzalez
Adri Peral
Valentino Fattore
Antonio Arcos
Manu Bueno
Matias Arbol

Nacho Quintana hasn’t seemed to play for about a month either. Ok just see the preview for the game Sunday just gone he and Isra are injured. Also the preview for Antequera said Adri Peral is injured so who knows?! :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Nice work Jim. Curious what happens with Valentino, you were hyped about him most from what I remember earlier. I’m no close follower of the youth, but my hope from these guys will be on Pedro Ortiz and Kike Salas. Jose Angel looked to be almost ready when we were in dire streets but after a while it was clear the attitude and workrate alone was not enough, but he was definitely fighting for the badge. Let’s see where both him and Kike are in 2 years. Never know when a player blooms or grows most tho. Hope we atleast get some of those in our team later, but the Sevilla Atletico level needs to be a point of focus for the club…

1 Like

I don’t really know to be honest. He has started 22 of his 25 games this season and he is the team captain. Trouble is the level of football is pretty shocking. I hope we extend him and get him a decent loan next season I really do.

1 Like

This pinpoints what a disaster getting relegated last season was for Sevilla Atlético. So if they go down again this season it will have a huge impact on the youth teams of this club, for me it simply cannot happen otherwise we might as well fold the cantera.

Sevilla Atlético go down effectively they will be playing at a level much like the Isthmian League in England which is Semi Pro at best. The knock on is that it would also send Sevilla C down to effectively a level like local Saturday football.

It could destroy the Cantera, which is why SAT have to do everything to stay up this year.

3 Likes