Sevilla at Lazio: UEL Round of 32 (1st leg)

I think Sevilla are playing very carefully for a late push, very disciplined, hope it’s the correct tactic.

Lazio will have to dig deep because they are almost down to 10 with the injuries and yellow cards, they are really suffering and playing quite pathetic.

It’s almost embarrassing how many chances we’re getting.

Munir comes on for Ben Yedder. Perhaps he can finish.

Promes coming on, for who I don’t know. Ah, for Escudero. I think Sevilla will finish this 0-2

No, Sevilla only want to defend the 1 goal

1 Like

Redeeming performance. Banega was much better tonight, but still lacking that final pass. André Silva had a frustrated evening, as well as the rest of the attacking cast. Sarabia & WBY linked up once more for the goal.

Way to hold onto the clean sheet. At least we’re bringing some kind of advantage. Why can’t we play like this away from home in La Liga? Totally different Sevilla team out there. Well done boys! Onto Villarreal!

Instead of 3-4 to 0, it’s only 0-1 and all to play for in RSP next Wednesday.

Too many missed chances… Mudo and Banega didn’t play badly, but it’s quite surprising Machin didn’t give any minute to Rog so far. Is he not convincing enough in training?

We were much better than Lazio tonight but lack of converting chances to goals is killing us.

2 Likes

We could have buried them but we played at half pace, reserving energy for what? Well, la liga.

1 Like

I was thinking the same, I felt that once we scored we eased off instead of really going for it. The substitutions made by Machin seemed to back up the idea that a 1 goal lead is enough to take back for the home leg. Saving WBY, Escudero & Sarabia for the weekend.

A special mention for Escudero, I thought he had his best game of the season tonight.

2 Likes

Watch for the Sevilla flag waving grandma on the bus and the goal celebration lol

1 Like