Sevilla 2020-21 season (and pre-season)

Bloody hope not. I think I’m better. :joy:

I’m media whoring again. :wink:

5 Likes

Do we have another friendly prior to the Bayern match?

1 Like

NM, I see it’s against Bilbao I think tomorrow; just not sure of the time.

1 Like

It’s at 5:30 pm local time, so 11:30 am here on the East Coast.

2 Likes

Also, both Athletic Club & Sevilla have decided to use each other’s stadiums in the event that there’s an outbreak in each respective regions.

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

Say there’s an outbreak in Andalusia, Sevilla will use San Mamés as an alternate, and vice-versa.

I was wondering why not go somewhere that’s closer, rather than all the way up north. :joy:

3 Likes

Ahhh got ya - everything is within an hour or two via plane so not a huge deal where it is right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ve got Covid and now also West Nile disease.

3 Likes

Apparently we will play two matches against Bilbao tomorow. One starts at 17:30 and the other starts after the first one finishes, at 19:30. This is to give as many minutes as possible to as many players as possible before the official start of the season.

4 Likes

Sevilla will have only 500 out of 3000 possible fans in Budapest for the Supercup, while Bayern will have all the 3000 fans. This is mainly because of the strict rules of Hungary that permitted the fans to stay only 24 hours in Budapest, and there are interestingly enough no direct flights from Seville to Budapest. Meanwhile, Budapest is only around 6 hours drive from Munich. Also, Bayern has decided to pay for the PCR tests (I think the rapid ones are around 200 Euros, not sure, could be less depending on the type of test) for all the 3000 fans that will travel, while Sevilla did not pay for even those 500 fans.

4 Likes

Shit, I go to the bar at 8:00 and I can’t record terrestrial TV.

1 Like

LB is a toss-up, but our starting XI against Bayern should be set:

Bono

Navas - Kounde - D.Carlos - Escudero

Jordán - Fernando - Rakitić

Suso - YEN - Ocampos

1 Like

Bayern only 7-0 up with 16 minutes left.

Not sure if Bayern too damn strong, or Schalke too damn weak. I guess we’ll find out next Thursday :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You think he goes with that @Edinho or does he try to get even more defensive and include Guidlej? I agree that the above should be the lineup though. We need YEN uptop to try some dinks over the top as that is the only way I think we score against this high pressing team.

2 Likes

Yeah i´d go with a defensive line up and Ocampos left, Nesyri central, and Suso right (free role) let those 3 look for options on the break. Rakitic for the deliveries.

Bono
           Koundé   Gudelj   Diego Carlos

Navas         Rakitic Jordan      Acuña

Suso                              Ocampos
                        Nesyri

Fernando in a 4-3-3 with in front of the centre duo is fine too, but Gudelj is better inbetween them in a 3 back. If we want a bit more football imo its good. Against them I am even fine with both Gudelj and Fernando. Its fucking Bayern. I hope he goes for something different than just plain 4-3-3 we will be outclassed.

1 Like

@ChrisLail Gudelj helps us better in a 5-4-1, so it’s possible he plays instead of Fernando. But i don’t see both together.

2 Likes

Regardless, it might still prove pointless…

3 Likes