Rafa Mir vs Youseff En-Neysri - A Statistical Breakdown

Quite an interesting article I read earlier…

Comparing Rafa Mir to other Sevilla strikers first seasons, he has already outscored Davor Suker, Toni Polster and Luis Fabiano and is at least on course to match or better Ivan Zamorano and Fredi Kanoute.

Ben Yedder, Gameiro and Bacca might be a tough ask, but still plenty of games to go… And at least this proves that he knows where the back of the net is, kind of the main thing I look for in a Striker. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Rafa Mir was a better cold killer in front of goal to start with compared to Youssef, who in form can do a lot of things but just to convert a chance face to goal, I trust Rafa Mir more. The amount of clean chances created in the teams throughout those times varried big time as well. But I’m generally pleased with Rafa Mir his effectiveness.

3 Likes

It does seem that maybe YEN should come off the bench until fully fit.

5 Likes

Apples and Oranges.

For example, Chevanton scored more goals per minute played than Kanouté probably because he mostly came on late when the game was broken.

3 Likes

I’m really liking Rafa Mir’s mentality. Such a focused guy, just busy with one thing, succeeding and accomplishing his goals. After all the other clubs, that were after him, including Atletico. Choosing for us. And then only having one thing on his mind, Sevilla, and proving himself in Sevilla. After some set backs, and some dog house periods. Lately just entering the field cold a couple of time and getting that one chance, and delivering it.

I’m of believe, if he’s facing goal and around the box area, he’s one of the stronger finishers in the World. It’s not a scenario that he’s in too often generally

His shot power is insane, without needing much build up. His knowledge on weak areas for the goalkeepers and his focus and cold bloodedness in the box are killer level as well. I keep appreciating him more and more.

In recent interviews as well his dedication to Sevilla FC is huge. And I love that.
His post game interviews are not the most inspirational makes me remember a sketch how Sporters pour out clichees, but definitely a good striker.

7 Likes