Putin threatened Monchi?

Lower and Upper Body really and going to try and do some plyometrics too. Still need a bit of cardio though.

@SurreySevilla are there many baseball or softball leagues over there for adults? I played for 18 years. I’ve retired to become a dog walker now but I still love the game and have thought about trying to make it back out to the dirt this year.

1 Like

I played indoor last winter, was very, very different from normal 11v11.

I really did enjoy it, shame I didn’t score but I did come close.

I was awful the first match, they shoot from so close, you have no time to get down and hold any shots, unless it’s an incredibly weak shot.

Got better at it as time went on, I’ll probably do it again sometime, I’m arguably better at it anyways, sucks that I’m relatively short, (at least for a goalkeeper) so playing on the tiny goals helps

2 Likes

Baseball/softball is called “rounders” in the UK and is played by young school girls :wink: :grinning:

3 Likes

There are but they are quite hard to find… I almost joined a baseball team last year but then decided to carry on playing football instead. :sweat_smile:

I just want to try it and see if I would be any good, when we used to do the aforementioned Rounders in PE as a kid I was actually pretty good, although having bought a baseball bat it is a heck of a lot heavier and more difficult to swing than I imagined to be honest.

1 Like

Baseball is the most boring sport in the world. Fight me.

3 Likes

seinfeld-jason-alexander (1)

I´d put Bowls up there.

With Lopeball, just behind it.

4 Likes

Seriously though I’ve only really been into baseball since 2020, and I bloody love it. I get up at 3am for Mariners games, couple of beers if I don’t have work the next day… Chat to other Mariners fans whilst the game is on.

I can’t wait for them to do an MLB game in London again in 2023, I will definitely be going.

1 Like

I don’t watch it very much on TV until the playoffs, but to go to a game and have some beers and hotdogs on a warm summer night is the best.

I think for most baseball is very boring. For stat nerds it’s the best sport. If you have played it, you get the subtleties of the game that most don’t see, kind of like futbol for me.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE going to baseball games, but that’s because it’s cheap, and I get to sit in the sun in the summer and drink with my friends for 3 hours. I don’t really watch the game haha

2 Likes

What do I know though? I used to belong to a curling club :joy:

2 Likes

I attended a pro baseball match in Phoenix in September 2019 with a friend of mine - not sure which team, I think Arizona Diamondbacks but forgot the names.

As much as we wanted to, we couldn’t find it interesting at all… went out in the middle of the game or so. Extremely boring, no physical contact, dull atmosphere… :frowning:

But as Steve mentioned the tickets were cheap and it was still worth going to see what it is all about.

3 Likes

Hardest thing to do in sports…hit a round ball travelling 90mph + with a round bat.

3 Likes

This is correct.

1 Like

Well maybe scoring a goal in Lopetegui’s system is a bit harder.

4 Likes

I just want to say that I find it hilarious that a thread with a title like this one turned into a place to share our amateur sports accomplishments hah

3 Likes

Played baseball for 8 years, would agree that it is difficult

That being said, it can be a very boring sport. Alright to play, but definitely more boring than most other sports

3 Likes