Pre-Season: vs Reading FC [Friendly]

WHEN?
Saturday, July 13th, 2019
2100 CET (1500 EST)

WHERE TO WATCH?
SFC TV & YouTube

We back at it folks! A lot has happened between the end of last season and our very first match of pre-season, but we’ll wrap that up once La Liga officially gets underway. In short, Monchi’s back & Lopetegui is the head coach.

As it stands, we’re at 8 new signings to start off this new season, with Fernando recently being unveiled on Friday afternoon — and ALREADY training with the team! The rest are Diego Carlos, Kounde, Reguilón, Jordán, Ocampos, De Jong, and Dabbur joining in from the deal completed last January.

TEAM NEWS
In total, we had 29 players during this past week’s training camp in Lagos (Portugal), which included a few canteranos & players returning from loan. Some team members have been given extended vacations due to involvement with their national teams, and have yet to return to training. These players are Vaclík, Kjær, Jesús Navas & Ben Yedder, while Bryan Gil made the Spanish team for the U19 Euros.

As the title says, we’re playing an English 2nd-tier side in Reading FC (Carriço’s old flame). We’ll get our first look at how far Sevilla have come to adopt Julen’s style of play. Also, are any cantera players ready to make the jump? can loanees like Corchia or Sergio Rico make a case to earn a spot in the final squad? will Dabbur & De Jong be capable goalscorers after crossing over from non-top 5 leagues?

There are still 5 more friendlies to play before the season kicks off, so there’s still time to work out the kinks after such a team overhaul.

Vamos muchachos!
#InMonchiWeTrust

3 Likes

Very excited to see us play under new regime and management. Lots of new signings and it’s gonna be interesting to see how they all settle in!

I hope we can have a good pre season and strong start to la Liga! Time will tell, however the signings are promising!

1 Like

Rico, Banega, Mudo, Corchia in a lineup… disaster. I hope I won’t see any of them come end of August.

Starting XI:

Rico
Corchia - Carlos - Carriço - Escudero
Jordán
Mudo - Banega
Munir - De Jong - Ocampos

1 Like

Reading manager just sent off for protesting. Kinda had a point tho, Banega’s been reckless with those tackles.

Not (Dabbur) but I thought it was scored on 3 minutes with intercepted backpass he went past the goalkeeper but a defender cleared the shot on the line but without VAR neither the ref nor linesman saw goal.

Sevilla look much more physical with the new players

Joan Jordan looks goiod

Ocampos with a ridiculously wide shot not a good omen, Dabbur now enters the field of play on 34 minutes

That was Munir, Tim.

32’ - Dabbur just subbed on for De Jong. Luuk had a knock in training yesterday, so it’s probably cautionary.

1 Like

Thanks

Ocampos = Muriel mk2 up to now

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Hoping that Nolito terrorizes Reading in the second half, will be interesting to see kounde and/or Fernando. Sevilla very weak on the right defensively, Corchia not happening, Banega looks OK apart from the normal losing ball and defective free-kicks. Mudo equally normal, passing to where he thinks there might be a player.

2 Likes

Diego Carlos looks a stud. Dabbur seems the type of CF to get more involved in the buildup. Apart from that, can’t really draw conclusions from the others.

1 Like

Anyone liking these new shirts? I think they’re awful.

2nd half XI:

Rico
Aleix - Kounde - Wöber - Regui
Amadou
Juanpe - Mena
Pozo - Dabbur - Nolito

1 Like

All change except for Dabbur & Rico for the 2nd half

Rico huge save on a free kick

Ist time he has had anything to do and he dealt with it ok

Reading scores on a corner. New year same piss poor marking on a corner.

Back to normal for Rico, just stands and watches the ball pass him by.

Roque Mesa gives his shirt to a kid and goes to the dressing room. Don’t think we will see him again