Pre-Season: vs Hoffenheim

We’ve had a great pre-season so far, 6 out of 6 matches won, 2 more to go before 2019-20 season kicks off.

3 Likes

That word is definitely overused in the soccer community.

1 Like

Anyone got video of the Munir goal?

I guess Lopetegui used this match to filter out the weaknesses. We had a much better 2nd half. Didn’t create many chances, but we took over control. Kounde looks a bit more comfortable now; would form a solid pair with Carlos. Gudelj needs more playing time to get accustomed to everyone. And De Jong… well, he did have one decent look from that Banega lob in the box. I’d like to imagine he could score those on his weaker left foot. Sooner or later, i think he’ll find his way.

1 Like

Lopeteguiri did a lot of stress testing in that game so hardly surprising that it wasn’t the prettiest.

Navas has been superb in every game but the man of pre-season has been Banega. He was average today apart from the goal and has had one other average game, but has been the best player on the field in 4 games. He was too deep today, he has to be in a forward position.

All the new buys + Pozo look promising except for De Jong, just two good defensive headers from him today, nothing upfield.

Yeah, I’m confident de jong will come good in time. Yeah Kounde and Carlos could form an exciting partnership at back! A great pre season so far! Onwards and upwards, plus more transfer activity to come as well!

In this mornings game, Nolito hatrick and now Dabur 0-4. I haven’t searched for a stream but it came up on Diario de Sevilla and the images are crystal clear without any delays. minute 19 second half.

1 Like
1 Like

Nice one! It’s great to keep the winning mentality going. Nolito is on fire this pre season! Plus Dabur nets again. He’s gonna be a good signing for us I reckon, I still have faith that de jong will come good too!

1 Like

Second half as streamed on youtube

1 Like

Wait what? We’re playing Hoffenheim twice? What’s happening?

2 Likes

I thought I saw on google there was also a game for today but thought maybe it was an error. Anyway it would be rude not to put up the team photo for the second game too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have to say, that this seasons Home kit is one of my absolute favourites in the 12/13 seasons I have been a Sevilla fan, I think it looks class, the mainly Black stand out on the shirt with a little bit of Red really looks good rather than the usual White with a bit of Red then Black socks.

Anyway I will be starting a kit thread (I’m a bit football kit obsessed) in the next week or so when I get around to doing it, so if you like football kits (and particularly Sevilla kits) keep an eye out for that. :sweat_smile:

I don’t actually run this team now but when I first set up a 5 a side team 3 years ago, the Kit colours were based on Sevilla (White shirt with Red trim, Black Shorts & Socks), naturally I had to wear a Sevilla goalkeeper kit. :wink::raised_hands:

2 Likes

Jim when are we playing a friendly 5 a side your team vs. mine?

Haha. I don’t play 5 a side anymore. I went back to big boys 11 a side football again. :sweat_smile:

I don’t know if ya’ll watched this morning or not or if you saw the highlights, but this team is exciting! Nolito has found a fountain of youth and scored a hat trick. Some of the things that I saw from the highlights, were Wober getting really far forward and in the box; not even out wide. I saw a brilliant long run with the ball by Koundé that petered out, but was really nice. I saw some great tight passing and a brilliant move by Torres as well as a unselfish pass to Dabbur for an easy finish.

I’m really excited for the season. This team looks ready to take on all three trophy opportunities!

1 Like

That Bryan to Poso flick and the Óliver Torres assist on Dabbur goal :heart_eyes::fire:

2 Likes

Yeah I saw our highlights! Impressive performance and the way we won was great. We won in style and it’s been a very good pre season. We strengthened the squad massively and the players seem to be responding well to Lopetegui’s ideas!

The big tests are coming but it’s very encouraging signs so far! Vamos!

Squad numbers must be starting to mean something now, the only players out of the 25 man squad now without a number 1-25 are Fernando and de Jong I believe and I am guessing that is down to the fact Kjær and WBY are still here for now.

Saw Gudelj with 5, Dabbur with 7, Oliver Torres 21, Diego Carlos 20, Kounde 12, Ocampos 25, Jordan 17, Munir has moved to 11, Pozo was 15 I believe. Or was he 19? One of the two.

Gil was sporting 26 against Hoffenheim yesterday. So as I say of the new signings Fernando is still wearing 28 for now and de Jong 34.