MD21: SevillaFC vs Mallorca

I think Sampi is pulling us out of the abyss carefully, without a revolution in style but for sure I see improvements.

6 Likes

I think itā€™s still very possible for us to end top 7. After the start we had this year, I would take that hands down

7 Likes

tough patch ahead though.
PSV
@Rayo
@PSV
Osasuna
@atletico

3 Likes

I have given up on the Europa Cup. Donā€™t get me wrongā€¦I would like to see wins because it is moā€™ money, but at this point, we need to focus our hurt and ancient players towards La Liga. In the summer we need to revamp the whole squad. We need to have conversations with a lot of our old playersā€¦Fernando, Raciktic, Navasā€¦ and say thank you, but it is time for you to move towards coaching. We need to bring in younger players.

4 Likes

We just donā€™t need a midweek game, injuries are still accumulating and players are playing with recurring injuries that need more rest time. The ideal solution is to get everyone fit but no chance of that. The only way to get European football is to finish top 6. Thereā€™s no chance of that and neither will we win the Uefa so the best course of action is to make sure we survive in la liga.

PSV is just a distraction and more punishment at this moment.

3 Likes

Great to see us win again. A solid win with 2 great goals, nice football and solid in defence. On to PSV! Vamos sevilla!

3 Likes

Sadly this is true Tim.

1 Like

Yā€™all of little faith!

51 points are still left on the table.

4 Likes

Iā€™m certainly pretty confident, but not comfortable enough to dream of Europe.

Do you know what team had 24 points at this point in last yearā€™s season, like we currently have?

Granada. Know where theyā€™re playing this season? Well, in Granada, duhā€¦ But do you know who theyā€™re playing against? Burgos, Oviedo, Lugo, Ponferradina. Do I make my point?

Iā€™m feeling better than I did in December, and while the FiveThirtyEight odds have gone down from over 16% likelihood of relegation to 7%, Iā€™m still not too comfortable with 7%.

Give me 6-7 points out of the next three matches and I think Iā€™ll sleep easier, but in spite of sitting in 12th, I donā€™t feel remotely comfortable being so few points ahead of relegationā€¦

8 Likes

Another excellent home win against decent opposition who beat Real the week before. Four home wins now on the spin and the perfect way to bounce back from the Barca defeat. The first half particularly was great to watch. Gueye in midfield looks a real signing and as do Gill and Bade. I do hope we can work to keep them over the summer as theyā€™ve made us a stronger team. Great to see YEN showing signs of form again also.

Four points clear now of the relegation zone. A bit of breathing space again. The improvement/revival after the World Cup break continues. Onto PSV in the Europa and then another big La Liga game away at Rayo which will be a tough one.

Letā€™s keep pushing up that table. Vamos!

5 Likes

Last two home games Jordan doesnā€™t start and we have the games wrapped up by half time.
More of the same please.
I was impressed by Gueye last night he seems to read the game well and gets into space to attack.
At last with Bryan we have someone unafraid of running forward with the ball, great to see. Even the Suso-Navas combo on the right worked well at times.
Leave out Jordan and itā€™s upwards and onwards.

9 Likes

Exactly, given how the fixtures are Iā€™d really just let it go. Sure the money sounds enticing but given the precarious position of the club and only 10 points separating the 7th and 17th spot just focus solely on the league and rebuild for the following season. Going all out with elderly squad and risking injury to key players is not worth it.

3 Likes