MD20 : Sevilla FC at Barcelona

Hope they don’t review that. Studs showing, argument for a red?

1 Like

Happy with 0-0

4 Likes

Completely bogus yellow for Rakitic who had his foot there for the ball and Araujo collided later. Could equally have awarded a foul against Barca for kicking the foot of Rakitic.

2 Likes

Yes it will be a great result if it like this at the end and also if Sampoli can manage to escape another red card😂

4 Likes

If Sampa doesn’t tweak the tactics a bit in the second half and allow us to play some football, this could get messy. All it takes is a goal from Barca and it’s over. They almost scored in 1-2 occasions there and we were constantly under pressure from their passes + crosses.

Bring in Ocampos at least!

1 Like

Great defensive display by us! Hopefully we can keep it up. Vamos!

2 Likes

Jordan still the weakest link in the first half btw.

2 Likes

Ocampos’ work ethic could be incredibly useful in the second half, we can’t break down this Barcelona side, we need to apply pressure on a bad pass and take advantage of that.

3 Likes

It was a good first half, defensively, by Sevilla. We committed some errors and overcame the consequences but we couldn’t transition the ball out, the midfield is compromised because they are defending too deep. But who wants a point, we could win this with a more offensive 11.

3 Likes

I can’t complain too much about that half. 0-0 is good for me at this point. Would like to see some better counterattacks in the second half. Maybe get one to drop.

3 Likes

Made Barça look a bit like us in possession at times, but the difference in quality allowed them to take risks and create chances that almost put them up.

We haven’t showed them much, so hopefully we could press them on the ball a bit more. We’re doing well to contain Gavi & Pedri so far.

3 Likes

All i wanted to see was Bryan. Thank you Jorge :blush:

I like Byran Gil and hope he does well, but man, he can use the advice of a stylist. His haircut is horrible. :smiley:

Lamela and Bryan on, YEN and Óliver off

1 Like

Interesting subs Vamos!

1 Like

Defense not freightened by the pressing… Nice.

3 Likes

I liked the subs except taking off yen.

3 Likes

Lamela’s first 2 passes were disasters.

1 Like

that’s three turnovers in a row by Lamela … I never like him coming on as a sub. Gil’s effort is fun to watch.

1 Like

Get Ocampos on now.

3 Likes