MD18 : Sevilla FC vs Cádiz

Welcome to the forum @Stevo! How did you find us?

6 Likes

Only caught the 2nd half, but good to see we actually made the keeper work a little. A must win game, and we did just that. It wasn’t the prettiest, but we’re here right now. Relegation scraps are like that. We move!

Onto El Sadar!

4 Likes

Thank you , lm very pleased to be here , it’s a great forum , looking forward to the next game, vamos Sevilla :+1:

7 Likes

Frankly, there wasn’t a first half to miss.

2 Likes

The hell is this? We have another Steve now? Not sure what I think about that :wink:

2 Likes

Optimists are very welcome !

4 Likes

Ha ha , yes well maybe we are on a roll now , we can live in hope :+1:

1 Like

Copa del Rey next? What’s the news with Papu?

1 Like

@Stevo

1 Like

Seen the highlights, we were the better team by looks of it, a couple of decent chances bringing decent saves out of Ledesma.

How that offside was given for the Lamela “goal” though. Ridiculous!!!

Still we’d have all taken a 1-0 Win, so on to the next one!

3 Likes

Impressed with our performance. Caught the highlights and we created a lot more and moved the ball quicker.

Good to see the captain score again and the team worked well in offence and defence.

We stayed patient and got our reward in the end.

Ocampos coming back will give us a big boost. His energy, speed and ability to make things happen will crucial as we look to climb the table and do well in the cup competitions.

Let’s hope we can keep players fit and keep this better run going. Vamos!

4 Likes

Super excited Ocampos is back, just the player we need. All the effort, skill (actually can get a good shot on goal), etc… very hopeful for his return!
Hoping we sell Suso this summer and bring someone on with more pace. Also hoping we can rid the team of Jordan.
I think Marcão will be just what we need alongside Bade when he returns!
Good win today, very excited to be out of relegation - crowd seemed to be on fire!

10 Likes

Great points all around as usual!

6 Likes

The first half had good pressure and possession but without much cohesion in the final third. That changed in the second half, maybe Cadiz pulled inward and allowed to operate around the edge of the penalty area, or maybe Sevilla broke some psychological barrier but for once we saw more football than robotics.

Decades ago when the rules were concise and unambiguous, the first condition of offside was that the ball was played forward, I’m not sure the ball was played forward in the disallowed goal.

6 Likes

Monchi’s passion!

7 Likes

Lamela was offside when it was played. But the ball went wide, then he scored about 10 seconds later in an onside position. Surely you can only be offside in the initial play which didn’t go to him.

All very odd.

5 Likes

Sorry I had to rewrite it… Confusing myself!!! Got a big evening tonight meeting my other half’s Mum for the first time and feeling a bit nervous now. :grin:

6 Likes

You got this!

Just be yourself, they’ll love you.

6 Likes

I don’t really understand why that was disallowed. Last week in England, Manchester United scored a goal similar to this. Rashford was in an offside position, but didn’t touch the ball, was very controversial in the fact that some argued he was involved in the play. Regardless, that goal was allowed but this one was not, for two very similar circumstances, I’d argue that Rashford was much more involved in the play than Lamela as well.

3 Likes

Just watched the game on replay on La Liga TV.

Thought we deserved the win for all the play we had. We were the better team from start to finish and the calmly taken pen from Rakitic was the least we deserved.

Cadiz came to defend and settle for a point and as has been the story for a lot of the season, we struggled to penetrate the defence and create chances. Our creative struggles were there for all to see and you could tell the match was between two sides at the bottom.

All that said, it was an improved performance and most importantly a huge win that propels us out of the relegation zone. Another win against Elche next weekend and we won’t be out of trouble but things will be looking a lot rosier!

A very happy Sevilla fan tonight. Fair to say I went mad when Ivan’s pen went in.

Vamos!

7 Likes