M30: Sevilla FC vs Barcelona [2019-20]

Fernando is a beast! Leads to a shot by Ocampos over the bar.

1 Like

So Banega gets a yellow, now we have Fernando, Banega, and Reguilón all on a yellow.

Braithwaite off - Arthur on

Working this evening, how are we playing?

Double change for Sevila - De Jong off, En-Nesyri on and Gudlej for Jordan

Really well here in the second half. More chances than Barca so far.

We played well 2nd half. It’s been a good performance. I hope we can get at least a point for our great efforts!

2 Likes

That was the chance right there. Great counter attack, Alba saves it. Probably needed a bit of height on the cross.

2 Likes

Vidal off - Griezmann on

Kounde has been phenomenal again. Has Suarez in his pocket so far.

2 Likes

Banega great ball to Ocampos and he gets a weak shot off; easy save.

Mudo on for Ocampos 84’ Ocampos great shift.

Suarez with Barca’s best chance of the second half 88’. Hits it over the bar from the Griezmann cross. Rakitic off - Puig on

Probably Julen’s greatest gift to Madrid.

3 Likes

I’m over the moon with that result. The team showed great heart and guts. On another day we could have nicked it to. All in all a big point and takes us on to 52 points.

Villarreal away next and that will be tough. However, on the last 3 games we should be ready for the test ahead.

Vamos mi Sevilla!!

1 Like

It’s nice when Messi doesn’t pull a 90th minute winner out of his ass. We should try this more.

3 Likes

Hi guys,

Long time no speak. Hope you’ve all been staying well during the lockdown.

I watched the match and I thought we dug in and earned a deserved point that takes us a step closer to getting that top 4 spot. You can’t ever complain with a draw against Barca so it’s a good result. And we could have won it at the end if Reguilón had got hold of it properly.

Take care and stay safe.

4 Likes

Great to see you stop by. It was a great point! Now we can be no worse than tied for 3rd after this round.

2 Likes

The lockdown has done wonders to Kounde’s game. He’s becoming the perfect partner for Carlos. And is it possible that Fernando has gotten better? We would’ve been done in by many of those through-balls in the past, but he intervened every time.

We lacked confidence in that first 30 minutes, and our buildup ended mostly at the halfway line. Once we handled the Messi-Suarez duo, we had an easier time at getting forward. I’m gonna miss Banega’s cool head in midfield. (Can only be replaced with Campaña, right?)

Funny that the last draw felt like a loss, and this one like a win.

Onto Villarreal!

3 Likes

I agree with you on Kounde. He’s been awesome in last 3 games since la liga returned. He’s been a rock at the back, very good on the ball and a threat going forward too. Very pleased for him. We have an exciting centre back pairing with kounde and Carlos.

3 Likes

Just seen the free kick. Vaclik wasn’t getting there if Kounde hadn’t got his head to it.

3 Likes