M16: Sevilla FC v Villarreal CF [21/22]

We’re just waiting for the VAR right now.

Holy shit how did he miss that?

Gerard Moreno, what a magnificent player, in the history of football almost nobody has missed from that distance.

2 Likes

Miss of the decade by Moreno! It’s getting way too close for them.

3 Likes

Moreno wide open back post fluffs the volley and it goes over the bar.

Munir on for Ocampos

Torres for Papu

Papu absent in the second half.

1 Like

Gerard miss a sitter, Lucky not to concede.
Please Lope, this is at home, you can’t be this conservative AND no counter.

3 Likes

Looks better here, but can’t finish. Torres has been brilliant since coming on finding a ton of space with some great passing. Ludwig gets in behind, but touch lets him down.

1 Like

6 minutes of extra time.

4 goals and 2 assists in the last 7 games for Ocampos, after he had a dry spell for ages before that. Happy to see that only easy goal gave him his swagger back!

2 Likes

Why?

1 Like

It doesn’t compute

3 Likes

3 points. I have to confess I didn’t think we would chalk up 3 today.

2 Likes

Damn, it pained him to blow the whistle.

OCAMPOS MOTM so good.

7 Likes

Huge 3 points after 2 matches without a win. One of our better performances so far. This 1-0 win didn’t look or feel like the others. How many shots did we block from Villarreal? This is the defending i’ve come to know and love. :grin:

Now let’s finish the job in Salzburg! VAMOS !!

4 Likes

it pained him to blow the whistle

Now he and his family aren’t save anymore for the LaLiga Mafia

2 Likes

I missed the game due to being out with friends. A very good win though. These are the sorts of wins I’m very proud of by the team and lopetegui. A very difficult opponent but under lopetegui more often than not we win them. I haven’t seen it but sounds like our defence was rock solid and ocampos was the star again. A great win as we bounced back from from the last 2 league results.

We are up to second in la liga, through in copa del Rey and have a good chance to advance in champions league. If we win in Salzburg it’s a unbelievable start to the season. Vamos Sevilla!

1 Like

Typical Lope win, once again. We suffered a lot in the second half, not sure why we didn’t at least keep the control like in the first. Villarreal are no joke and they can beat any team on a good day - they were very close to drawing with that open-goal miss of the year from their player (can’t remember who it was).

The worst thing about our game is that we are not training counter-attacking schemes in order to successfully utilize them when needed. Neglecting that part is a big mistake - we’ve had at least 2 great countering chances today and blew them away. One of them was a 5 vs 2 occasion, and the players were clueless about positioning, movement and passing while the counter was developing. Shameful!

Anyway, important 3 points against a decent team like Villarreal. Now we have a mini-final to attend on Wednesday against RB Salzburg. VAMOS!

It was Gerard Moreno? Wow… that miss was scandalous, even more so for a NT striker.

1 Like

I mean he is coming off an injury but that is one that you would expect a 10 year old to score, let alone a professional

1 Like

Either Sociedad or Madrid are guaranteed to drop points, same with Barcelona or :poop: . I hope for two draws, I guess

3 Likes