M14: Valladolid v Sevilla [2019-20]

Hope Óliver could help us manage this game.

67’ - Óliver IN, Nolito OUT.

1 Like

I would have made that change too!

75’ - Mudo IN. Banega OUT.

1 Like

I agree with Lopetegui’s changes. We need to keep up this good game management up!

Both subs managing the game well for us. Not rushing plays, and keeping the ball when we’re in dangerous areas.

1 Like

Aaah only a matter of time before Ocampos lost his head. 2nd yellow. He’s off.

Ocampos let himself get provocated… ending with 10 here.

Ugly game, but 3 points in the bag. Vamos!

1 Like

We are pulling it off, and defensively holding up pretty good. Feel like we are becoming an Atleti 2.0. Result football. Which ofcourse is the important thing. But, if Sandro´s kick went in or whatever else, its just such small margins that now fall our way (a penalty in this case). If you don´t get the result there´s not that much positive stuff to get out of it, maybe i´m seeing it a bit dark. Fernando indeed was great. Glad we managed to pick him up, great fit.

2 Likes

I agree. It feels like we are the new Atletico. Lopetegui has us well organised and he has the right players to carry out his plan. A massive 3 points today and we right up there! The main thing is we have pulled clear of Valencia who are our main rivals for 4th! Vamos!

A massive win for us! It’s so pleasing to see how much we have improved away from home. That’s now 5 away wins already. It’s great to see and we look more resilient this season and don’t give cheap goals away as often like we normally done in past seasons.

Minus the eibar game we have been very solid and reliable this season. It’s a shame to lose Ocampos to the red card but if we gonna be without him it would be for leganes at home, who are rock bottom. We have the squad to cope. Also, it’s a blow if navas is out injured too but hopefully he has just taken off as a precaution. As I think he was saying he was ok but Julen was right not to take any risks.

We are 3rd in the table and 27 points from 14 games is very impressive. It’s going very well the monchi and Lopetegui era so far. Long may it continue! Vamos!

2 Likes

I’m not sure how many cards Ocampos was on before the game but he looked intent from the start to get himself sent off so that he would miss the game against Leganes. If that wasn’t the case he really needs some anger management schooling.
An awful game to watch with far too many fouls and little quality on show from either side.
Banega has reverted to his form from the 2nd half of last season giving away the ball too many times and his corners and free kicks are very poor. He was very lucky that var decided to give him a 2nd chance with the pen.
Fernando was yet again the star, he seems to be the quiet man, not noticed by many but goes about his work diligently without causing a fuss and always seems to be in the right place at the right time.
As I said at the start it was not pretty to watch but after 14 games we are in 3rd place 1 point of the top two (albeit after playing i game more) I’ll take that.
No doubt there will be at least 9 changes for the EL game on Thursday and quite a few should get the extra rest v Leganes. After that we have 3 very winable games against Osasuna away, Villarreal home and Mallorca away. Another 9 points would see us in a strong position with virtually half the season gone.

1 Like

Recorded a recap for this forgettable game. Lucky to get that 2nd penalty indeed.

M14: VLL 0-1 SEV

1 Like

Nice result boys. We are doing ok lads. :wink::+1:

1 Like

Ocampos banned for three games.

Although this noon was communicated by the Competition Committee that the sanction against the Sevilla FC player Lucas Ocampos was a single game, finally the agency has studied the action in a separate file to impose another two for his contempt of the referee by calling him several times “caradura”, as reflected in the minutes

Ocampos, therefore, will miss the duels against Leganés, Osasuna and Villarreal . The committee sanctions him by virtue of article 113 by a party (for the double yellow seen before Valladolid) and with two others by virtue of article 117, which punishes attitudes of contempt or disregard for referees, managers or sports authorities after being expelled.

Ocampos is a cheat code and La Liga jumped at the first chance to slow him down. I worry for the front line now. Time for Munir/Rony to step up.

1 Like

I bet if that was a Real Madrid or Barcelona player that wouldn’t have been the case.

1 Like

That’s a blow to us! However, we have the squad to cope and it gives others a chance to shine. For home games I think it’s less off a worry but for the trip to Osasuna we will miss his presence more for sure!

Another big blow to us! Fernando has picked up a groin strain and could be out a while. He will definitely miss the home match vs Leganes. Time for others to step up and take their chance.

Not sure if the Copa game would count there, or he’s only banned for the La Liga matches?