Hello!

Hello! Just heard about this forum from the Sevilla FC English Podcast (can’t wait to listen to more episodes). Still trying to figure out how this site works haha but just wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I lived in Sevilla for a year and she helped me fall in love with the city and the club. Finishing up university in the next year or two and we are planning to move back permanently!

Hope everyone can tune into the big match today! Hopefully we can keep in the title race!

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!

12 Likes

Awesome! I’m new myself. I was an Inter supporter for years until this Super League thing. I’ve been an admirer of Sevilla since spending a summer in Andalucia in 2005. I’m in Ohio and you’re in Michigan so I’ve got to give you the obligatory Go Bucks!! Welcome here.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum Tyler, hope you’ll have a great time here!

2 Likes

Hahaha GO BLUE! I was a Michigan fan for the longest time but I only care about Sevilla now!

3 Likes

I’m gonna piggy back on this post. I found this forum through the new podcast as well!

My wife is from Sevilla, so it’s kinda like my adopted hometown. We get back once a year or so, and I always try to prioritize a match or two when we’re there.

8 Likes

Best city in the world! Can’t wait to get back!

5 Likes

Great to have you on the forum!

3 Likes

Hi newbies. :raising_hand_man:t2:

3 Likes

Welcome to the fam @Tyler & @sterusebn! Our squad is getting bigger!

6 Likes

Go Blue from a Michigan grad! Good to outnumber the Buckeye now lol

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum everyone! 6 new members in the last 3 days. Awesome stuff!

9 Likes

Thanks for the shoutout on the podcast! I’m famous now!

6 Likes

Yeah that was badass! Such an honor!

4 Likes

Hello to all of you Sevillistas out there around the world, my name is Ruben and I am a Sevillista living in Austin, TX. I actually joined this weekend as well; I had been meaning to do this for a while now and hearing @ChrisLail call a homie out on the We Are Sevilla podcast was the push I needed to finally do it :slight_smile: It truly is great to finally be participating in the Monchi’s Men forum!

As for my connection to Sevilla Futbol Club…I studied abroad in Sevilla in the spring of 2007. My host family lived in Nervion, less than 10 mins walk from the stadium, so naturally there was only team from Sevilla I could chose to throw my support behind from that point on. Not to mention, it was the season of the second UEFA Cup win and the 4th Copa del Rey win, so lets just say I was baptized a Sevillista by glory and titles (and of course the amazing city and fans)! Since that semester abroad, there is only one team that truly matters, SEVILLA FUTBOL CLUB…HASTA LA MUERTE!

That being said, I am really looking forward to interacting with all of you guys in this forum and I am excited to continue building more connections with Sevilla fans in the States and around the world!

9 Likes

Welcome to all you new guys… I hope you enjoy the experience here. Generally as long as you keep it respectful everything is good.

Just don’t invite 10 year old friends… :joy:

4 Likes

Quite honestly, I am not sure how anyone can be a :poop: fan with a team like SFC in the same city.

6 Likes

Agreed! But to be honest, its all about who you’re family supports and where you live in Sevilla that determines a lot of the club loyalties. I will be straight up with you on this one, had I been placed with a host family that lived in Triana, I most likely would be a :poop: (love the auto emoji that comes up for Betin :rofl:) supporter lol.

3 Likes

Christin’s grandmother always says that the :poop: supporters are the dumb ignorant peasants. It’s funny to hear an 85 year old women talk trash.

4 Likes

It’s such a weird rivalry, too. It splits families and friend groups. It’s completely benign off the pitch. If my wife had been from Triana, I’d be a :poop: supporter for sure. Luckily she grew up in Nervion lol

5 Likes

Are a lot of you guys married to Sevillanas?

1 Like